BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
And With That, Roger Ailes, Who Build Fox News, is Dead at 77
[Image: Roger Ailes Caricature by DonkeyHotey / Creative Commons]
Roger Ailes, who co-founded Fox News in 1996 then turned it into the leading cable news network, died Wednesday morning at the age of 77. The news was confirmed live on Fox & Friends shortly after the Drudge Report posted a statement from Ailes’s wife, Elizabeth.
“Roger was a loving husband to me, to his son Zachary, and a loyal friend to many. He was also a patriot, profoundly grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise - and to give back. During a career that stretched over more than five decades, his work in entertainment, in politics, and in news affected the lives of many millions. And so even as we mourn his death, we celebrate his life.”
While coining the slogans “Fair and balanced” and “We report; you decide,” Ailes built up Fox News into a dominant and intimidating bastion of conservative politics. Under his leadership, which featured straightforward reporting with skewed programming, Fox News served as a media machine for right-wing or conservative causes. He remained at the helm of Fox News until he was forced to resign amid charges of repeated sexual harassment – charges he fully denied.