BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Stephen Hicks Barred for Defrauding His CT Hedge Funds - SEC
- Barclays CEO Staley Sees Pay Decline - Frankly, He's Lucky to Still be Employed
- Barclays Female Investment Bankers Earn 21% Less in Bonuses than Male Counterparts
- FINRA Eliminates $400 Fee for Explained Arbitration Decision
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Author! Author! Preet Bharara Signs Book Deal
Preet Bharara, the former U.S. Attorney who, along with 45 other U.S. attorneys, was fired by the Trump administration in March, has signed a book deal. Mr. Bharara currently serves as a distinguished scholar in residence at NYU School of Law.
Those who might anticipate a “kiss and tell all” account of Mr. Bharara’s 7-1/2 years as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, are likely to be disappointed. According to Mr. Bharara, his book would be about the law, "integrity, leadership, decision making, and moral reasoning."
A spokesperson for Alfred A. Knopf, the publisher, said that Bharara "addresses the circumstances of his firing in the book proposal." Whether the book itself goes into the details of Bharara's firing "remains an open question."
Publication is expected in January 2019.