BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
- Senate Republicans Release Plan to Replace Obamacare - The Details
- Berkshire Hathaway Throws $1.5Bn Lifeline to Canada's Home Capital
- Inside Nomura: Day in the Life of a Junior Banker
- Inside Travis Kalanick’s Resignation as Uber’s C.E.O.
- Creative Planning, KS Investment Firm, Spurring Change on Wall Street
- SEC Obtains Judgment Against Attorney Who Defrauded Escrow Clients
- SEC Files Fraud Charges Against Stock Promoters in Market Manipulation Scheme
- Power Lunches and Dinners in New York, London, Washington
- Banks to Cut $1.2Bn in Research Spending, Analyst Jobs - McKinsey
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
B. Riley Financial Closes Acquisition of FBR & Co.
B. Riley Financial, a diversified financial services company, has completed its acquisition of FBR & Co., a leading investment banking and brokerage firm. The acquisition was originally announced in February. [See Financialish.com, 2/21/17]
Bryant Riley, Chairman and CEO of B. Riley Financial, will continue to head the firm, while Richard Hendrix, FBR's Chairman and CEO, has assumed the role of CEO of the combined investment banking and brokerage business. FBR common shares will cease trading on the Nasdaq.
ABOUT FBR & CO. Founded in 1989, FBR & Co. has a strong, well-established track record as a full-service investment bank with approximately 260 employees. FBR provides investment banking, M&A advisory, institutional brokerage, and research services. The combined entity will have offices throughout the U.S., including in NY, LA, SF, SF, Boston, Dallas, Houston and the greater Washington, DC metro region.
ABOUT B. RILEY FINANCIAL. B. Riley Financial (RILY) is a publicly traded, diversified financial services company addressing capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The Company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley & Co., a FINRA-licensed B/D; Great American Group, provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, commercial lending, and real estate advisory services; B. Riley Capital Management (which includes B. Riley Asset Management, a SEC-RIA providing investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management, a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm; Great American Capital Partners, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies; and B. Riley Principal Investments, a group that makes proprietary investments in other businesses.