BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- North Korean caught secretly mining bitcoin rival
- IPO Timelines Cut by 80% After SEC's Private Filing Decision
- How the Carried Interest Break Survived the Tax Bill
- FINRA: The Neutral Corner
- Coinbasex Says Buying and Selling Temporarily Disabled Amid Price Rout
- Bitcoin plunges by more than a third in a single day
- Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk
- Jefferies Lets Employees Choose When to Receive Their Bonuses
- UBS Told to Pay $903K After Losing Retaliation Verdict
- BEWARE: Long Island Iced Tea Shares Soar After Changing Name to Long Blockchain
- Gary Cohn’s Last Laugh: Cashing Out on Trump’s Tax Plan
- E*Trade Lets Customers Trade in CBOE Bitcoin Futures
- Swiss Find Serious Shortcomings at JPMorgan in 1MDB Case
- Washington-based Investment Adviser and His Business Partner Charged in Multi-Million Dollar Scheme
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting
- Cryptocurrency Market Now Doing Same Daily Volume as the NYSE
- Jailed Barclays Trader Must Pay $400,000 From Libor Profits
- Trump Asks ‘How’s Your 401(k)?’ But Most Voters Don’t Have One
- A Bitcoin Hedge Fund’s Return: 25,004% (That Wasn’t a Typo)
- Madoff Victims Near Full Recovery of Principal With Payout
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
B. Riley Financial Closes Acquisition of FBR & Co.
B. Riley Financial, a diversified financial services company, has completed its acquisition of FBR & Co., a leading investment banking and brokerage firm. The acquisition was originally announced in February. [See Financialish.com, 2/21/17]
Bryant Riley, Chairman and CEO of B. Riley Financial, will continue to head the firm, while Richard Hendrix, FBR's Chairman and CEO, has assumed the role of CEO of the combined investment banking and brokerage business. FBR common shares will cease trading on the Nasdaq.
ABOUT FBR & CO. Founded in 1989, FBR & Co. has a strong, well-established track record as a full-service investment bank with approximately 260 employees. FBR provides investment banking, M&A advisory, institutional brokerage, and research services. The combined entity will have offices throughout the U.S., including in NY, LA, SF, SF, Boston, Dallas, Houston and the greater Washington, DC metro region.
ABOUT B. RILEY FINANCIAL. B. Riley Financial (RILY) is a publicly traded, diversified financial services company addressing capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The Company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley & Co., a FINRA-licensed B/D; Great American Group, provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, commercial lending, and real estate advisory services; B. Riley Capital Management (which includes B. Riley Asset Management, a SEC-RIA providing investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management, a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm; Great American Capital Partners, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies; and B. Riley Principal Investments, a group that makes proprietary investments in other businesses.