BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
B. Riley Financial Closes Acquisition of FBR & Co.
B. Riley Financial, a diversified financial services company, has completed its acquisition of FBR & Co., a leading investment banking and brokerage firm. The acquisition was originally announced in February. [See Financialish.com, 2/21/17]
Bryant Riley, Chairman and CEO of B. Riley Financial, will continue to head the firm, while Richard Hendrix, FBR's Chairman and CEO, has assumed the role of CEO of the combined investment banking and brokerage business. FBR common shares will cease trading on the Nasdaq.
ABOUT FBR & CO. Founded in 1989, FBR & Co. has a strong, well-established track record as a full-service investment bank with approximately 260 employees. FBR provides investment banking, M&A advisory, institutional brokerage, and research services. The combined entity will have offices throughout the U.S., including in NY, LA, SF, SF, Boston, Dallas, Houston and the greater Washington, DC metro region.
ABOUT B. RILEY FINANCIAL. B. Riley Financial (RILY) is a publicly traded, diversified financial services company addressing capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The Company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley & Co., a FINRA-licensed B/D; Great American Group, provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, commercial lending, and real estate advisory services; B. Riley Capital Management (which includes B. Riley Asset Management, a SEC-RIA providing investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management, a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm; Great American Capital Partners, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies; and B. Riley Principal Investments, a group that makes proprietary investments in other businesses.