BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- White House Now Doesn’t Dispute Details of Trump's Call with Army Widow
- Goldman Sachs’ Lloyd Blankfein Just Threw Some Serious Brexit Shade
- Guggenheim Partners ‘Bank Wrecker’ Could Get $100Mn Exit Package
- Proposed Arbitration Rule Change: For Customers Dealing with an Inactive Firm or Associated Person
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
B. Riley Financial Closes Acquisition of FBR & Co.
B. Riley Financial, a diversified financial services company, has completed its acquisition of FBR & Co., a leading investment banking and brokerage firm. The acquisition was originally announced in February. [See Financialish.com, 2/21/17]
Bryant Riley, Chairman and CEO of B. Riley Financial, will continue to head the firm, while Richard Hendrix, FBR's Chairman and CEO, has assumed the role of CEO of the combined investment banking and brokerage business. FBR common shares will cease trading on the Nasdaq.
ABOUT FBR & CO. Founded in 1989, FBR & Co. has a strong, well-established track record as a full-service investment bank with approximately 260 employees. FBR provides investment banking, M&A advisory, institutional brokerage, and research services. The combined entity will have offices throughout the U.S., including in NY, LA, SF, SF, Boston, Dallas, Houston and the greater Washington, DC metro region.
ABOUT B. RILEY FINANCIAL. B. Riley Financial (RILY) is a publicly traded, diversified financial services company addressing capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The Company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley & Co., a FINRA-licensed B/D; Great American Group, provider of advisory and valuation services, asset disposition and auction solutions, commercial lending, and real estate advisory services; B. Riley Capital Management (which includes B. Riley Asset Management, a SEC-RIA providing investment products to institutional and high net worth investors, and B. Riley Wealth Management, a multi-family office practice and wealth management firm; Great American Capital Partners, a provider of senior secured loans and second lien secured loan facilities to middle market public and private U.S. companies; and B. Riley Principal Investments, a group that makes proprietary investments in other businesses.