BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wall Street News
Barron's 2017 Top 100 Financial Advisors: Morgan Stanley Leads the Way
Barron's published its 2017 Top 100 Financial Advisors and three notable statistics stand out:
- New York and California dominate the list with 52 of the top 100 advisors;
- Morgan Stanley occupies 9 of the top 12 spots - and 12 of the top 18 - with most advisors associated with the Private Wealth Management unit.
- The top 8 slots remain largely unchanged from 2016.
CRITERIA: According to Barron's, the annual ranking is based on assets under management, revenue generated for the advisors' firms, and the quality of the advisors' practices. The last factor includes type of account - e.g., Client Category (high net worth, ultra hnw, foundations, endowments, institutional), Typcial Account Size, and Typical Net Worth.
Investment performance isn’t an explicit factor because clients have varied goals and risk tolerances. Some want to swing for the fences, while others are extremely conservative, so what they consider good results can be very different. Total AUM are one indicator of investors’ satisfaction, or lack thereof. If a client’s specific aims aren’t being met, the chances of retaining that person - and his or her assets - are slim.
[Click here for Barron's discussion page - subscription may be required]