BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Boies Schiller to Close 20-Lawyer Corporate Practice
Boies Schiller & Flexner is winding down its 20-lawyer corporate practice; five partners - Robert Leung, Mike Huang, Stefan dePozsgay, Jason Hill, and Russell Franklin – have joined Paul Hastings. David Boise founded the 300-lawyer litigation law firm in 1997.
According to David Boies, the decision came down to the overwhelming challenges of this ‘boutique corporate practice’ to compete against larger competitors. David Boies had been in discussions with son Chris, who heads the corporate group, about these issues. One of the options for the corporate group to solve its lack of scale was to rapidly expand through lateral hires and poaching from competitors. Ultimately, it was decided that the corporate practice would be better off seeking to join another law firm.
“You need to have a scope and scale that offers clients a broad spectrum of corporate expertise at the highest level.” - - Boies.
Chris Boies joined the firm in 1997 from Credit Suisse, where he was an investment banker. While Chris has not mentioned his future plans, it’s expected that he will join a client and return to the business side.
Seth Zachary, chair of Paul Hastings, said in a statement that the addition from Boies Schiller “reflects increasing client demand for help with large and complex cross-border transactions and capital flows.”