BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
- SEC Launches Share Class Selection Disclosure Initiative to Encourage Self-Reporting and the Prompt Return of Funds to Investors
- BofA CEO Moynihan Got $23Mn Compensation for 2017 – a 15% Pay Raise
- Former Credit Suisse ‘Star’ Gets 5-Year Jail Term For "Clever Fraud"
- FINRA: Perspectives on Customer Arb Award Recovery
- FINRA: Amend Membership App Program to Incentivize Arbitration Award Payments
- Goldman's #2 Allegedly Swindled Out of $1.2Mn of Wine by Assistant
- FINRA Publishes Annual Budget Summary - No Fee Rate Increases for Member Firms
- CFTC Chairman Giancarlo Names Maggie Sklar Senior Counsel
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Brian Stern Is Cetera’s New General Counsel
Brian Stern was recently appointed general counsel of Los Angeles-based Cetera Financial Group, a network of independent financial firms, as part of the continuing changes at both Cetera and Stern’s former firm, HD Vest. Stern replaces Nina McKenna, who has been transitioning out of the organization since late last year. Stern was previously general counsel and corporate executive at HD Vest Financial Services, which was recently purchased by Blucora, a provider of technology financial services.
Prior to HD Vest, Stern had served as:
- Senior Company Counsel at Wells Fargo (2004-2011)
- Counsel to SEC Commissioner Glassman (2002-2004)
- Associate General Counsel at AIG /American General Financial Group (1999-2001)