BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Bridget Fitzpatrick Named SEC Chief Litigation Counsel
The SEC announced that Bridget Fitzpatrick will lead its trial unit, while David Gottesman will continue to serve as the agency’s Deputy Chief Litigation Counsel.
Since December 2016, Ms. Fitzpatrick and Mr. Gottesman have served as Co-Acting Chief Litigation Counsel. In that role, they were jointly responsible for supervising the trial unit at the agency’s Washington, D.C. headquarters as well as coordinating with litigators in the SEC’s 11 regional offices around the country.
BRIDGET FITZPATRICK. In her new role, Ms. Fitzpatrick will oversee the sec'S national litigation program. She previously served as a supervisor and a trial lawyer in the SEC’s Enforcement Division, where she supervised the litigation of several successful cases and tried highly complex matters. In recognition of her contributions to the SEC’s litigation program, she has twice received the Chairman’s Award for Excellence, and also received the Arthur F. Flemming Award for excellence in public service. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Fitzpatrick served as a federal prosecutor for more than 5 years and, prior to that, was an attorney for 7 years with DLA Piper. She received her bachelor’s degree from Cornell and her law degree from Georgetown.
DAVID GOTTESMAN. As Deputy, Mr. Gottesman’s responsibilities will include oversight of all trial lawyers in the SEC’s Washington, D.C., headquarters. He also has managed and advised the agency’s nationwide trial unit on litigation strategies and trial preparation. Mr. Gottesman previously served as a supervisor and a trial lawyer in the SEC’s Enforcement Division. Before joining the SEC, Mr. Gottesman was a trial attorney in the Commercial Litigation Branch of the Civil Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Prior to that, he was a law partner for Rosenthal and Schanfield in Chicago. Mr. Gottesman received his bachelor‘s and law degrees from the U. of Minnesota.