BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
- Saudi Arabia's arrest of Prince Alwaleed 'would be like arresting Warren Buffett or Bill Gates' in the US
- Arrest of Billionaire Saudi Prince Touches Sizable Stakes - Citigroup, Twitter, Lyft
- New York Fed President William Dudley set to announce retirement
- FINRA Arbitration Panel Rules Against ex-LPL Broker in $30Mn Lawsuit vs. Firm
- OOPS! Goldman, JPMorgan, BofA Fail in Pricing an IPO
- Former Merrill Broker Pleads Guilty to Fee Fraud, Faces Up To 25 Years
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Bridget Fitzpatrick Named SEC Chief Litigation Counsel
The SEC announced that Bridget Fitzpatrick will lead its trial unit, while David Gottesman will continue to serve as the agency’s Deputy Chief Litigation Counsel.
Since December 2016, Ms. Fitzpatrick and Mr. Gottesman have served as Co-Acting Chief Litigation Counsel. In that role, they were jointly responsible for supervising the trial unit at the agency’s Washington, D.C. headquarters as well as coordinating with litigators in the SEC’s 11 regional offices around the country.
BRIDGET FITZPATRICK. In her new role, Ms. Fitzpatrick will oversee the sec'S national litigation program. She previously served as a supervisor and a trial lawyer in the SEC’s Enforcement Division, where she supervised the litigation of several successful cases and tried highly complex matters. In recognition of her contributions to the SEC’s litigation program, she has twice received the Chairman’s Award for Excellence, and also received the Arthur F. Flemming Award for excellence in public service. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Fitzpatrick served as a federal prosecutor for more than 5 years and, prior to that, was an attorney for 7 years with DLA Piper. She received her bachelor’s degree from Cornell and her law degree from Georgetown.
DAVID GOTTESMAN. As Deputy, Mr. Gottesman’s responsibilities will include oversight of all trial lawyers in the SEC’s Washington, D.C., headquarters. He also has managed and advised the agency’s nationwide trial unit on litigation strategies and trial preparation. Mr. Gottesman previously served as a supervisor and a trial lawyer in the SEC’s Enforcement Division. Before joining the SEC, Mr. Gottesman was a trial attorney in the Commercial Litigation Branch of the Civil Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Prior to that, he was a law partner for Rosenthal and Schanfield in Chicago. Mr. Gottesman received his bachelor‘s and law degrees from the U. of Minnesota.