BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Cellino Suing Barnes to Dissolve Law Partnership
[Photo: The Buffalo News]
Yes, the unimaginable is happening. Cellino & Barnes partnership is on the rocks. Which begets the question: who will be granted custody of the jingle and the phone number?
Ross Cellino, Jr., is suing his law partner Stephen Barnes to dissolve their Buffalo, NY-based personal injury law firm, which is famous for its billboards and infectious “Don’t Wait, Call 8” jingle. The firm employs 70 lawyers and 300 staff members, who work in Buffalo and other offices throughout New York state and California.
Documents associated with the case remain sealed and it remains unclear why Mr. Cellino filed to dissolve the firm. Terry Connors is representing Mr. Cellino.
According to a statement issued by Cellino & Barnes: “Mr. Barnes and the firm plan to aggressively oppose the dissolution papers filed by Mr. Cellino. However, we reiterate that regardless of outcome, the firm will continue to do business in the many markets we serve.”