BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
- SEC Launches Share Class Selection Disclosure Initiative to Encourage Self-Reporting and the Prompt Return of Funds to Investors
- BofA CEO Moynihan Got $23Mn Compensation for 2017 – a 15% Pay Raise
- Former Credit Suisse ‘Star’ Gets 5-Year Jail Term For "Clever Fraud"
- FINRA: Perspectives on Customer Arb Award Recovery
- FINRA: Amend Membership App Program to Incentivize Arbitration Award Payments
- Goldman's #2 Allegedly Swindled Out of $1.2Mn of Wine by Assistant
- FINRA Publishes Annual Budget Summary - No Fee Rate Increases for Member Firms
- CFTC Chairman Giancarlo Names Maggie Sklar Senior Counsel
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Cellino Suing Barnes to Dissolve Law Partnership
[Photo: The Buffalo News]
Yes, the unimaginable is happening. Cellino & Barnes partnership is on the rocks. Which begets the question: who will be granted custody of the jingle and the phone number?
Ross Cellino, Jr., is suing his law partner Stephen Barnes to dissolve their Buffalo, NY-based personal injury law firm, which is famous for its billboards and infectious “Don’t Wait, Call 8” jingle. The firm employs 70 lawyers and 300 staff members, who work in Buffalo and other offices throughout New York state and California.
Documents associated with the case remain sealed and it remains unclear why Mr. Cellino filed to dissolve the firm. Terry Connors is representing Mr. Cellino.
According to a statement issued by Cellino & Barnes: “Mr. Barnes and the firm plan to aggressively oppose the dissolution papers filed by Mr. Cellino. However, we reiterate that regardless of outcome, the firm will continue to do business in the many markets we serve.”