BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wall Street News
Charging Bull - Wall Street Profits, Bonuses Are Up in 2016
The New York State Comptroller's Office reports that 2016 was a profitable year for Wall Street firms and their employees – a big turnabout from the year’s dismal start that led many to predict more cost cuts and layoffs. It was the first time since 2012 that Wall Street saw an increase in profits.
Wall Street bonuses average $138,210 and the total bonus pool reached $24 billion.
All this is excellent news for NYC, which depends mightily on the financial industry. According to the Comptroller, financial services account for some 20% of private sector wages and supports nearly 1 in 10 jobs directly or indirectly.