BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Cyberattack Goes Global, Hits WPP, Rosneft, Maersk
- Deutsche Bank Said to Lose as Much as $60Mn Over Derivative Trade
- Dimon Says JPMorgan Headcount to Keep Rising Despite Automation
- RBS to Cut 443 Jobs In UK, Move Many of Them to India
- Deutsche Bank Bullish on London Despite Brexit
- Supreme Court Nears Finish With Big Cases, Retirement Rumors
- The Richest Person in Every State
- LPL Tabs Scott Seese, Former eBay Exec, as Chief Information Officer
- Fired Biglaw Associate Arrested for Trying to Extort Partners
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Cowen Group to Buy Brokerage Firm Convergex for $116Mn
[Photo: Jeffrey Solomon and Eric Noll]
Days after getting a $275 cash infusion, The Cowen Group is now acquiring Convergex Group for $116 million.
- CEFC China Energy is acquiring a 20% stake in Cowen and providing $175 million in debt financing [Financialish, 3/31/17];
- Cowen, a diversified financial services firm and, together with its consolidated subsidiaries, provides alternative investment management, investment banking, research, and sales and trading services through its two business segments;
- Convergex, owned by PE firm GTCR, BNY Mellon and others, is an agency-focused global brokerage and trading related services provider with a deep client base of 2,500 hedge funds, asset managers, broker-dealers, trusts and exchanges.
- Convergex’s business units include equity sales and electronic trading, commission management, prime services and global clearing.
Cowen President Jeffrey Solomon had this to say: “The addition of Convergex’s global platform will also establish meaningful scale for Cowen’s equities business by significantly bolstering our capabilities in prime services, commission management, algorithmic and electronic trading, as well as clearing services.”
Convergex President and CEO Eric Noll said: “The ability to combine with a great research based firm like Cowen, which has complementary businesses with minimal client overlap, creates a tremendous opportunity for our people and our clients. By forging this combination with enhanced experience and expertise, our respective clients will now have access to a wider array of global offerings and innovative solutions.”