BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Cyberattack Goes Global, Hits WPP, Rosneft, Maersk
- Deutsche Bank Said to Lose as Much as $60Mn Over Derivative Trade
- Dimon Says JPMorgan Headcount to Keep Rising Despite Automation
- RBS to Cut 443 Jobs In UK, Move Many of Them to India
- Deutsche Bank Bullish on London Despite Brexit
- Supreme Court Nears Finish With Big Cases, Retirement Rumors
- The Richest Person in Every State
- LPL Tabs Scott Seese, Former eBay Exec, as Chief Information Officer
- Fired Biglaw Associate Arrested for Trying to Extort Partners
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Crowell & Moring and Herrick Feinstein End Merger Talks
D.C.-based Crowell & Moring and NY-based Herrick Feinstein have ended discussions on a proposed merger; their talks began in November. At the outset, the deal appeared to make sense: both firms had offices had offices in Washington, D.C., and in New York, and their respective practices had little overlap.
Crowell, which was founded in 1979 and has about 440 lawyers, focuses on politics, litigation and regulatory matters. It has a relatively small NY office, which it is seeking to grow. Herrick, which is approaching its 90th anniversary and has about 130 lawyers, focuses on real estate and sports practices. Herrick represents the NY Yankees, the Port Authority, and the Empire State Reality Trust.