BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Darryl White to Succeed Downe as CEO of BMO
[Photo: BMO CEO Bill Downe]
Bloomberg News reports that Bank of Montreal’s Bill Downe, the longest-serving CEO among Canada’s largest lenders, will retire 10/31/17 after spending a decade expanding the nation’s oldest bank through acquisitions in the U.S. and overseas. Downe transformed BMO through acquisitions - including its purchases of General Electric's transportation-finance business in December 2015 and Milwaukee-based Marshall & Ilsley Corp in 2011.
DARRYL WHITE - COO, BMO FINANCIAL GROUP. White, who joined BMO in 1994, was appointed COO on 11/1/16. Prior to his current role, Mr. White, 56, held the position of Group Head, BMO Capital Markets in 2014, and served as CEO of BMO Nesbitt Burns legal entity from 11/1/14 to 11/1/16.
In earlier years with BMO, Mr. White has held a variety of senior management positions including, the following:
- Executive MD and Head of Investment & Corporate Banking (I&CB), Montreal;
- Deputy Head, I&CB, Canada;
- Global Head, Equity Capital Markets; and,
- Global Head of I&CB, where he oversaw the bank’s relationships with corporations and government, as well as trade finance and international financial institutions.