BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Darryl White to Succeed Downe as CEO of BMO
[Photo: BMO CEO Bill Downe]
Bloomberg News reports that Bank of Montreal’s Bill Downe, the longest-serving CEO among Canada’s largest lenders, will retire 10/31/17 after spending a decade expanding the nation’s oldest bank through acquisitions in the U.S. and overseas. Downe transformed BMO through acquisitions - including its purchases of General Electric's transportation-finance business in December 2015 and Milwaukee-based Marshall & Ilsley Corp in 2011.
DARRYL WHITE - COO, BMO FINANCIAL GROUP. White, who joined BMO in 1994, was appointed COO on 11/1/16. Prior to his current role, Mr. White, 56, held the position of Group Head, BMO Capital Markets in 2014, and served as CEO of BMO Nesbitt Burns legal entity from 11/1/14 to 11/1/16.
In earlier years with BMO, Mr. White has held a variety of senior management positions including, the following:
- Executive MD and Head of Investment & Corporate Banking (I&CB), Montreal;
- Deputy Head, I&CB, Canada;
- Global Head, Equity Capital Markets; and,
- Global Head of I&CB, where he oversaw the bank’s relationships with corporations and government, as well as trade finance and international financial institutions.