BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Darryl White to Succeed Downe as CEO of BMO
[Photo: BMO CEO Bill Downe]
Bloomberg News reports that Bank of Montreal’s Bill Downe, the longest-serving CEO among Canada’s largest lenders, will retire 10/31/17 after spending a decade expanding the nation’s oldest bank through acquisitions in the U.S. and overseas. Downe transformed BMO through acquisitions - including its purchases of General Electric's transportation-finance business in December 2015 and Milwaukee-based Marshall & Ilsley Corp in 2011.
DARRYL WHITE - COO, BMO FINANCIAL GROUP. White, who joined BMO in 1994, was appointed COO on 11/1/16. Prior to his current role, Mr. White, 56, held the position of Group Head, BMO Capital Markets in 2014, and served as CEO of BMO Nesbitt Burns legal entity from 11/1/14 to 11/1/16.
In earlier years with BMO, Mr. White has held a variety of senior management positions including, the following:
- Executive MD and Head of Investment & Corporate Banking (I&CB), Montreal;
- Deputy Head, I&CB, Canada;
- Global Head, Equity Capital Markets; and,
- Global Head of I&CB, where he oversaw the bank’s relationships with corporations and government, as well as trade finance and international financial institutions.