BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Darryl White to Succeed Downe as CEO of BMO
[Photo: BMO CEO Bill Downe]
Bloomberg News reports that Bank of Montreal’s Bill Downe, the longest-serving CEO among Canada’s largest lenders, will retire 10/31/17 after spending a decade expanding the nation’s oldest bank through acquisitions in the U.S. and overseas. Downe transformed BMO through acquisitions - including its purchases of General Electric's transportation-finance business in December 2015 and Milwaukee-based Marshall & Ilsley Corp in 2011.
DARRYL WHITE - COO, BMO FINANCIAL GROUP. White, who joined BMO in 1994, was appointed COO on 11/1/16. Prior to his current role, Mr. White, 56, held the position of Group Head, BMO Capital Markets in 2014, and served as CEO of BMO Nesbitt Burns legal entity from 11/1/14 to 11/1/16.
In earlier years with BMO, Mr. White has held a variety of senior management positions including, the following:
- Executive MD and Head of Investment & Corporate Banking (I&CB), Montreal;
- Deputy Head, I&CB, Canada;
- Global Head, Equity Capital Markets; and,
- Global Head of I&CB, where he oversaw the bank’s relationships with corporations and government, as well as trade finance and international financial institutions.