BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Debevoise Adds U.S. Attorney to its Lineup
[Photo: by Christie Smythe / Bloomberg]
Winston Paes, a former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern DIstrict of New York (Brooklyn) is joining the New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton on Thursday, where he will lend his expertise in financial fraud. Mr. Paes, who was with the U.S. Attorney's office for 9 years, worked on some of their office’s most prominent financial prosecutions, including the case against Martin Shkreli, the hedge fund manager and pharmaceutical executive.
Here's the lineup of government officials who have recently joined/returned to Debevvoise & Plimpton:
New York Office:
- Winston Paes, a U.S. Attorney in Brooklyn, who specializes in financial fraud.
- Mary Jo White, former SEC Chair
- Andrew Ceresney, former SEC Enforcement Chief
- John Gleeson, former Federal Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Brooklyn)
Debevoise Washington, D.C., Office
- David O’Neil, former Acting Head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division
- Julie Riewe, former senior official in SEC Enforcement.