BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
- SEC Launches Share Class Selection Disclosure Initiative to Encourage Self-Reporting and the Prompt Return of Funds to Investors
- BofA CEO Moynihan Got $23Mn Compensation for 2017 – a 15% Pay Raise
- Former Credit Suisse ‘Star’ Gets 5-Year Jail Term For "Clever Fraud"
- FINRA: Perspectives on Customer Arb Award Recovery
- FINRA: Amend Membership App Program to Incentivize Arbitration Award Payments
- Goldman's #2 Allegedly Swindled Out of $1.2Mn of Wine by Assistant
- FINRA Publishes Annual Budget Summary - No Fee Rate Increases for Member Firms
- CFTC Chairman Giancarlo Names Maggie Sklar Senior Counsel
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Debevoise Adds U.S. Attorney to its Lineup
[Photo: by Christie Smythe / Bloomberg]
Winston Paes, a former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern DIstrict of New York (Brooklyn) is joining the New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton on Thursday, where he will lend his expertise in financial fraud. Mr. Paes, who was with the U.S. Attorney's office for 9 years, worked on some of their office’s most prominent financial prosecutions, including the case against Martin Shkreli, the hedge fund manager and pharmaceutical executive.
Here's the lineup of government officials who have recently joined/returned to Debevvoise & Plimpton:
New York Office:
- Winston Paes, a U.S. Attorney in Brooklyn, who specializes in financial fraud.
- Mary Jo White, former SEC Chair
- Andrew Ceresney, former SEC Enforcement Chief
- John Gleeson, former Federal Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Brooklyn)
Debevoise Washington, D.C., Office
- David O’Neil, former Acting Head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division
- Julie Riewe, former senior official in SEC Enforcement.