BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Debevoise Adds U.S. Attorney to its Lineup
[Photo: by Christie Smythe / Bloomberg]
Winston Paes, a former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern DIstrict of New York (Brooklyn) is joining the New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton on Thursday, where he will lend his expertise in financial fraud. Mr. Paes, who was with the U.S. Attorney's office for 9 years, worked on some of their office’s most prominent financial prosecutions, including the case against Martin Shkreli, the hedge fund manager and pharmaceutical executive.
Here's the lineup of government officials who have recently joined/returned to Debevvoise & Plimpton:
New York Office:
- Winston Paes, a U.S. Attorney in Brooklyn, who specializes in financial fraud.
- Mary Jo White, former SEC Chair
- Andrew Ceresney, former SEC Enforcement Chief
- John Gleeson, former Federal Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Brooklyn)
Debevoise Washington, D.C., Office
- David O’Neil, former Acting Head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division
- Julie Riewe, former senior official in SEC Enforcement.