BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Debevoise Adds U.S. Attorney to its Lineup
[Photo: by Christie Smythe / Bloomberg]
Winston Paes, a former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern DIstrict of New York (Brooklyn) is joining the New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton on Thursday, where he will lend his expertise in financial fraud. Mr. Paes, who was with the U.S. Attorney's office for 9 years, worked on some of their office’s most prominent financial prosecutions, including the case against Martin Shkreli, the hedge fund manager and pharmaceutical executive.
Here's the lineup of government officials who have recently joined/returned to Debevvoise & Plimpton:
New York Office:
- Winston Paes, a U.S. Attorney in Brooklyn, who specializes in financial fraud.
- Mary Jo White, former SEC Chair
- Andrew Ceresney, former SEC Enforcement Chief
- John Gleeson, former Federal Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Brooklyn)
Debevoise Washington, D.C., Office
- David O’Neil, former Acting Head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division
- Julie Riewe, former senior official in SEC Enforcement.