BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
- Senate Republicans Release Plan to Replace Obamacare - The Details
- Berkshire Hathaway Throws $1.5Bn Lifeline to Canada's Home Capital
- Inside Nomura: Day in the Life of a Junior Banker
- Inside Travis Kalanick’s Resignation as Uber’s C.E.O.
- Creative Planning, KS Investment Firm, Spurring Change on Wall Street
- SEC Obtains Judgment Against Attorney Who Defrauded Escrow Clients
- SEC Files Fraud Charges Against Stock Promoters in Market Manipulation Scheme
- Power Lunches and Dinners in New York, London, Washington
- Banks to Cut $1.2Bn in Research Spending, Analyst Jobs - McKinsey
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Debevoise Adds U.S. Attorney to its Lineup
[Photo: by Christie Smythe / Bloomberg]
Winston Paes, a former U.S. Attorney for the Eastern DIstrict of New York (Brooklyn) is joining the New York office of Debevoise & Plimpton on Thursday, where he will lend his expertise in financial fraud. Mr. Paes, who was with the U.S. Attorney's office for 9 years, worked on some of their office’s most prominent financial prosecutions, including the case against Martin Shkreli, the hedge fund manager and pharmaceutical executive.
Here's the lineup of government officials who have recently joined/returned to Debevvoise & Plimpton:
New York Office:
- Winston Paes, a U.S. Attorney in Brooklyn, who specializes in financial fraud.
- Mary Jo White, former SEC Chair
- Andrew Ceresney, former SEC Enforcement Chief
- John Gleeson, former Federal Judge in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Brooklyn)
Debevoise Washington, D.C., Office
- David O’Neil, former Acting Head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division
- Julie Riewe, former senior official in SEC Enforcement.