BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Deutsche Bank Replaces CEO - Who's Laughing Now?
[Photo: John Cryan (left) and Christian Sewing at news conference in February 2018 / by Andreas Arnold, Bloomberg]
Weeks of speculation at Deutsche Bank have ended with the board's selection of Cristian Sewing as the new Chief Executive Officer. Sewing replaces beleaguered John Cryan who, during his 3 years heading Germany's largest bank, has been stymied by ongoing losses, a plunging share price and a troubled investment bank.
A financial media circus followed the announcement - so here's a sampling of stories, canvassed mostly from Bloomberg.com.
> Ritchie to become sole head of investment bank; Schenck leaves
> ‘We need a new execution dynamic,’ says Chairman Achleitner
> Retail co-head Christian Sewing spent three decades at lender
> Ascent marks return of a German national as sole CEO of bank
> Fate of board chairman Achleitner still up in the air
> Investment bank strategy is most pressing issue for Sewing
> Deutsche Bank chairman faces tough questions at May 24 AGM
> Aramea’s Meyer says Achleitner should leave for bad decisions
> Sewing says time pressure in on as industry changes rapidly
> New CEO calls meeting cost targets at bank ‘non-negotiable
> From Ackermann to Jain to Cryan, CEOs fail to restore growth
> Achleitner turns to veteran German banker in latest gambit