BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- FINRA RegNote 17-40: AML/KYC Requirements Under FINRA Rule 3310
- Trump defends Roy Moore: 'He totally denies it'
- Barclays CEO Staley's New Investment Banking Strategy Falters
- FIFO: Senate Plan Lets Mutual Funds Skip A Tax Change That Hurts Individual Investors
- FINRA Introduces New Functionality and Design to Fund Analyzer
- Oyster Bay, NY, and Former Top Official Charged with Defrauding Muni Investors
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
E*Trade CEO Told to Boost Up the Volume or Firm May Be Sold
[Photo: E*Trade Baby from a 2013 Ad]
Since being promoted to chief executive for E*Trade Financial in September 2016, Karl Roessner has been taking steps to return the company to its former position as a technologically advanced brokerage firm. He also launched an advertising campaign in order to attract investors, per the report.
But the ETFC Board of Directors wants more. According to Zacks, they want Roessner to boost the company’s mix of derivatives and managed products – and to improve ETFC’s net new brokerage asset and account growth rates by 2–3% each. (In 2016, the firm acquired OptionsHouse, an online options broker, with a view to bolstering its derivatives platform.) Should he fail, the board may consider selling the business.
While company shares have gained nearly 6% over the last 6 months - outperforming the Zacks categorized Financial–Investment Bank index – the new demands are daunting for E*Trade’s former General Counsel – a position Mr. Roessner held for 7 years. Prior to joining E*Trade, he was a partner with Clifford Chance in the Corporate Practice group.