BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
E*Trade CEO Told to Boost Up the Volume or Firm May Be Sold
[Photo: E*Trade Baby from a 2013 Ad]
Since being promoted to chief executive for E*Trade Financial in September 2016, Karl Roessner has been taking steps to return the company to its former position as a technologically advanced brokerage firm. He also launched an advertising campaign in order to attract investors, per the report.
But the ETFC Board of Directors wants more. According to Zacks, they want Roessner to boost the company’s mix of derivatives and managed products – and to improve ETFC’s net new brokerage asset and account growth rates by 2–3% each. (In 2016, the firm acquired OptionsHouse, an online options broker, with a view to bolstering its derivatives platform.) Should he fail, the board may consider selling the business.
While company shares have gained nearly 6% over the last 6 months - outperforming the Zacks categorized Financial–Investment Bank index – the new demands are daunting for E*Trade’s former General Counsel – a position Mr. Roessner held for 7 years. Prior to joining E*Trade, he was a partner with Clifford Chance in the Corporate Practice group.