BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
E*Trade CEO Told to Boost Up the Volume or Firm May Be Sold
[Photo: E*Trade Baby from a 2013 Ad]
Since being promoted to chief executive for E*Trade Financial in September 2016, Karl Roessner has been taking steps to return the company to its former position as a technologically advanced brokerage firm. He also launched an advertising campaign in order to attract investors, per the report.
But the ETFC Board of Directors wants more. According to Zacks, they want Roessner to boost the company’s mix of derivatives and managed products – and to improve ETFC’s net new brokerage asset and account growth rates by 2–3% each. (In 2016, the firm acquired OptionsHouse, an online options broker, with a view to bolstering its derivatives platform.) Should he fail, the board may consider selling the business.
While company shares have gained nearly 6% over the last 6 months - outperforming the Zacks categorized Financial–Investment Bank index – the new demands are daunting for E*Trade’s former General Counsel – a position Mr. Roessner held for 7 years. Prior to joining E*Trade, he was a partner with Clifford Chance in the Corporate Practice group.