BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Latham & Watkins Chair Bill Voge Resigns Over Sexual Messages
- Jefferies Equity Trading Slips Even as Volatility Increases
- Can Jes Staley Fix Barclays Fast Enough?
- Deutsche Bank Slides 6.2% After Warning of $550Mn Q1 Headwind
- UBS to Pay $230Mn to N.Y. in Mortgage Securities Probe
- With At Least 190 Cryptocurrency Exchanges, Here's How to Pick Right One
- Mark Zuckerberg Lost $9Bn in Wealth Over Past 48 Hours
- Keynote Address, ICI 2018 Mutual Funds & Investment Management Conference
- SEC Announces Largest-Ever Whistleblower Awards
- From a $126Mn Bonus to Jail: Fall of a Star Trader
- Barclays Shares Surge as Activist Takes 5.2% Stake
- Standard Chartered Puts Compliance Head Neil Barry on Leave
- Goldman Sachs Pays Women in U.K. 56% Less Than Male Colleagues
- Deutsche Bank Leads Bulls with Higher Trading Revenue Forecast
- SocGen Cuts Traders' Bonus Pool by a Quarter
- Point72's Haynes Resigns as Cohen Seeks a New Type of Leader
- Steve Eisman, Who Called the 'Big Short' During Financial Crisis, Sleeping Easy Now
- Bitcoin's ‘Death Cross’ Looms as Strategist Eyes $2,800 Level - From Current Price of $8,120
- U.K. Brokerage Firm, Investment Manager, CEO Manipulated Trading in U.S. Microcap Stocks - SEC
- Billionaire Investor John Paulson's Hedge Fund Is 'Rightsizing', And a Bunch of Senior Staff are Leaving
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Ex-Skadden Arps Lawyer Charged by Mueller
[Photo: by EPA (European Pressphoto Agency]
Special counsel Robert Mueller has charged Alex van der Zwaan, a former associate with Skadden, Arps, with making false or misleading statements regarding email communications he had with Richard Gates.
Van der Zwaan is a London-based attorney who’s the son-in-law of German Khan, a Russian oligarch who is suing research firm Fusion GPS over a dossier alleging salacious and unverified ties between President Donald Trump and Russia.
Richard Gates is the former Trump campaign official and an associate of one-time Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort.
According to the indictment, the false statements were made when Mueller’s team was questioning van der Zwaan about his work representing Ukraine’s ministry of justice while at Skadden Arps.The charges were issued last Friday, the same day that Mueller’s team announced a surprise indictment against 13 Russian individuals and 3 entities. Van der Zwaan has a plea hearing scheduled for today, Tuesday, at 2:30 p.m.