BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Wells Fargo Has Shown Us Its Contemptible Values
- UBS to Counter Trading Troubles With M&A Work
- SEC Moves Quickly To Shut Down Fake Pre-IPO Share Scam
- SEC Testimony: Oversight of the SEC Division of Enforcement
- FINRA Modifies 'Agency Debt Security' in Rule 6710
- Is Jamie Dimon Doing a U-Turn on Bitcoin?
- After New Yorker's Racist Rant Goes Viral, His Law Firm Gets Pummeled with 1-Star Yelp Reviews
- Bill O’Donnell is New CFO at MetLife
- Trump Still Owes Deutsche Bank, Others as Much as $480Mn
- Wells Fargo Scandals Hurt Its Retirement Business
- Michigan State to Pay $500Mn to Victims of Larry Nassar's Abuse
- Top Lawyer at Novartis Leaving Over $1.2Mn Contract with Michael Cohen's Consulting Firm
- Cadwalader Adds Mark Chorazak to its Financial Regulation Practice
- Deutsche Bank: It's A Short According to Eisman of ‘The Big Short’ Fame
- Up In Smoke: Bank of Montreal Goes All-In on Pot Deals
- RBS to Pay $4.9Bn to Settle Toxic MBS Probe with U.S.
- Apple and Goldman Sachs Team Up to Release New Credit Card
- Robinhood, A Stock, Trading App Rejected by 75 Investors, Now Worth $5.6Bn
- Wells Fargo Reportedly Pocketed Fire And Police Department Pension Fund Fee Rebates
- Trading App Robinhood Surpasses E*Trade In User Numbers
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Ex-Skadden Arps Lawyer Charged by Mueller
[Photo: by EPA (European Pressphoto Agency]
Special counsel Robert Mueller has charged Alex van der Zwaan, a former associate with Skadden, Arps, with making false or misleading statements regarding email communications he had with Richard Gates.
Van der Zwaan is a London-based attorney who’s the son-in-law of German Khan, a Russian oligarch who is suing research firm Fusion GPS over a dossier alleging salacious and unverified ties between President Donald Trump and Russia.
Richard Gates is the former Trump campaign official and an associate of one-time Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort.
According to the indictment, the false statements were made when Mueller’s team was questioning van der Zwaan about his work representing Ukraine’s ministry of justice while at Skadden Arps.The charges were issued last Friday, the same day that Mueller’s team announced a surprise indictment against 13 Russian individuals and 3 entities. Van der Zwaan has a plea hearing scheduled for today, Tuesday, at 2:30 p.m.