BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Latham & Watkins Chair Bill Voge Resigns Over Sexual Messages
- Jefferies Equity Trading Slips Even as Volatility Increases
- Can Jes Staley Fix Barclays Fast Enough?
- Deutsche Bank Slides 6.2% After Warning of $550Mn Q1 Headwind
- UBS to Pay $230Mn to N.Y. in Mortgage Securities Probe
- With At Least 190 Cryptocurrency Exchanges, Here's How to Pick Right One
- Mark Zuckerberg Lost $9Bn in Wealth Over Past 48 Hours
- Keynote Address, ICI 2018 Mutual Funds & Investment Management Conference
- SEC Announces Largest-Ever Whistleblower Awards
- From a $126Mn Bonus to Jail: Fall of a Star Trader
- Barclays Shares Surge as Activist Takes 5.2% Stake
- Standard Chartered Puts Compliance Head Neil Barry on Leave
- Goldman Sachs Pays Women in U.K. 56% Less Than Male Colleagues
- Deutsche Bank Leads Bulls with Higher Trading Revenue Forecast
- SocGen Cuts Traders' Bonus Pool by a Quarter
- Point72's Haynes Resigns as Cohen Seeks a New Type of Leader
- Steve Eisman, Who Called the 'Big Short' During Financial Crisis, Sleeping Easy Now
- Bitcoin's ‘Death Cross’ Looms as Strategist Eyes $2,800 Level - From Current Price of $8,120
- U.K. Brokerage Firm, Investment Manager, CEO Manipulated Trading in U.S. Microcap Stocks - SEC
- Billionaire Investor John Paulson's Hedge Fund Is 'Rightsizing', And a Bunch of Senior Staff are Leaving
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
FINRA CEO Did Not Endorse or Guarantee that Investment
Scam artists, posing as FINRA CEO Robert W. Cook, “guaranteed” fraudulent investments to victims - and had the audacity to put Cook at the helm of the International Monetary Fund instead of FINRA – that, according to the NYPost in an article by John Aidan Byrne.
Imposter scam mailings have gotten so bad and prevalent, that the regulator, itself, recently published an Investor Alert on its web site - Imposter Scams: Don’t Be Fooled By ‘Guarantees’ or Money-Making Pitches from ‘Regulators’. The Investor Alert addresses “advance-fee” scam mailings that seek to entice investors to send money to cover administrative or regulatory charges associated with a buy back of shares of stock that are currently virtually worthless or "underperforming."
Seeking legitimacy, these mailings include the FINRA logo and repeatedly use the word “guarantee” to build credibility and trust. And, of course, they refer to the Regulatory Guarantor - who is none other than Robert W. Cook, labeled “Director of FinRA” and “Chairman of Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FinRA).”
(Needless to say, it's a dangerous world. BE CAREFUL!)