BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
FINRA Elections – A Call for Nominations
FINRA issued 2 Election Notices announcing the need to fill positions or vacancies on: (i) the FINRA Small Firm Advisory Board (SFAB); and, (ii) FINRA District Committees. Nominations for all seats listed below must be submitted to FINRA by 10/9/17.
(i) FINRA SMALL FIRM ADVISORY BOARD. The SFAB comprises 10 members: (i) 5 regional members elected by small firms in the 5 FINRA regions; and, (ii) 5 at-large members appointed by FINRA. In this election, there are:
- 2 full-term seats up for election: a South Region seat and a Midwest Region seat.
- 1 partial-term vacancy for the North Region Representative seat.
The SFAB provides guidance to FINRA staff, particularly regarding the potential impact of proposed regulatory initiatives on FINRA’s small firms. The SFAB meets 5 times a year, primarily in Washington, DC, prior to each FINRA Board of Governors meeting. SFAB members are expected to attend SFAB meetings in-person, and may be requested to attend certain regional, district and other FINRA meetings. Potential candidates should ensure that their other commitments will allow for their in-person attendance at all SFAB meetings.
For further details on the SFAB as well as the nomination process, click on FINRA SFAB Election Notice.
(ii) FINRA DISTRICT COMMITTEES. District Committees from districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11 comprise three small, one mid-size and three large firm representatives who are elected by firms of the same size. The District 10 Committee comprises six small, two mid-size and six large firm representatives who are elected by member firms of the same size.
- The District Committees for Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11 each have 3 full-term vacancies to fill: one representing a small firm seat, one representing a mid-size firm seat and one representing a large firm seat.
- District 10 has 5 full-term vacancies to fill: 2 representing small firm seats, one representing a mid-size firm seat and 2 representing large firm seats.
- Individuals elected to fill the above vacancies will be elected to 3-year terms expiring 12/31/20.
- There are 3 partial-term vacancies to replace individuals who resigned prior to the conclusion of his or her term: one small firm representative for District 1, one large firm representative for District 2 and one large firm representative for District 10.
- The individuals elected to fill these partial-term vacancies will serve until 12/31/18.
For further details on the FINRA District Committees as well as the nomination process, click on FINRA District Committees Election Notice.