BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Goldman Has New Investment Banking Leadership
Goldman Sachs is promoting Global M&A co-head Gregg Lemkau and financing group chief Marc Nachmann to join John Waldron as co-heads of the global investment banking division of Goldman Sachs. The news was announced on Monday in an internal memo.
The changes come after Goldman last year elevated former banking co-head David Solomon to the firm's #2 position alongside CFO Harvey Schwartz, following Gary Cohn departure to join the Trump administration. Richard Gnodde, Waldman's current counterpart, will leave that position to become CEO of of Goldman Sachs International.
Gregg Lemkau, 47, who currently is has been with Goldman for 25, starting in 1992. He graduated Dartmouth in 1991. Mr. Lemkau's sister is chief marketing officer at JPMorgan. According to his LInkedIn profile, he previously served as:
- COO, Investment Banking Division (2007-08)
- Co-Head of Global Technology, Media & Telecom Investment Banking (2008-11)
- Head of M&A for EMEA and Asia Pacific (2011-13)
- Co-Head of Global (2013-present)
Marc Nachmann, a native of Germany, joined Goldman in 1994 after graduated from Weslyan College. According to his profile on the Goldman Sachs web site, Marc Nachmann is Head of the Global Financing Group and Head of Latin America for the firm. He serves as Co-Chair of the Investment Banking Division (IBD) Risk Committee. Mr. Nachmann is a member of the Management Committee, Firmwide Risk Committee, Firmwide Capital Committee, Firmwide Investment Policy Committee and IBD Executive Committee.
Mr. Nachmann has held various leadership positions within IBD since joining the firm in 1994. Prior to assuming his current role, he served as Co-Head of Global Natural Resources. Mr. Nachmann was named Managing Director in 2002 and Partner in 2004.