BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Cyberattack Goes Global, Hits WPP, Rosneft, Maersk
- Deutsche Bank Said to Lose as Much as $60Mn Over Derivative Trade
- Dimon Says JPMorgan Headcount to Keep Rising Despite Automation
- RBS to Cut 443 Jobs In UK, Move Many of Them to India
- Deutsche Bank Bullish on London Despite Brexit
- Supreme Court Nears Finish With Big Cases, Retirement Rumors
- The Richest Person in Every State
- LPL Tabs Scott Seese, Former eBay Exec, as Chief Information Officer
- Fired Biglaw Associate Arrested for Trying to Extort Partners
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
House GOP Cancels Vote to Repeal Obamacare
[Image: by Walt Handelsman / The New Orleans Advocate, 2016]
House Republicans canceled the vote to repeal and partially replace Obamacare after President Donald Trump and Speaker Paul Ryan concluded they didn’t have enough support. The "do-or-die" vote that President Trump demanded has come and gone.
Paul Ryan admitted that this is a disappointing day, but "it is not the end of the story." For now, Ryan says the Republican party needs time to regroup.
[Financialish: The Republican party also needs to get its act together, whether we're referring to this monumental healthcare bill failure or the undignified way in which House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes handled the transcripts of classified telephone conversations.]