BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Inside Scaramucci’s Extreme Loyalty to Trump – William Cohan
- Who President Trump Can Pardon, and Who He Can’t
- Ex-UBS Compliance Officer, Day Trader Deny Insider Trading
- Private Equity’s Big Bets on Financial Tech
- Trump Reportedly Floats Making Rudy Giuliani Attorney General
- Mastercard Wins Dismissal of $18 Billion Class Action Suit
- Jailed Schroders Trader Also to Pay $456K for His 'Criminal Lifestyle'
- Raymond Lucia, Ex-Radio Host Asks U.S. Top Court to Rule On Administrative Law Judges
- As Trump Administration Circles the Drain, Anthony Scaramucci Finally Lands West Wing Job
- Internal Power Struggle Rattles Guggenheim Partners
- Why Most People Will Never Be Successful
- Top Deutsche Bank Trader Leaves After Risky Bets Led to $60Mn Loss
- Bank of America Picks Dublin as EU Hub Post Brexit
- E*Trade Rises 4% as Q2 Earnings Beat Estimates
- I Scream, You Scream, FINRA Screams For Ice Cream ... or ... FINRA Deep-Freezes Broker
- Senate Panel OK's David Kautter, Trump Pick for Top Treasury Tax Job
- OJ Simpson Granted Parole After 9 Years in Prison
- PayPal to Partner with JPMorgan
- BNY Mellon Beats on Q2 Earnings as Revenues Improve
- I Scream, You Scream, FINRA Screams for Ice Cream ... or ... FINRA Deep-Freezes a Broker
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
HSBC, UBS Latest Banks to Settle U.S. Rate-Rigging Lawsuits
HSBC and UBS will each pay $14 million to settle private U.S. litigation accusing them of rigging the ISDAfix interest rate benchmark - bringing to 10 the number of banks that have settled the lawsuit filed by Alaska Electrical Pension Fund and several other pension funds and municipalities. Four banks have yet to settle. Over $408 million has been raised by the 10 settlements.
Companies and investors use ISDAfix to price swaps transactions, commercial real estate mortgages and structured debt securities.
BANKS THAT SETTLED PREVIOUSLY.
- Goldman Sachs ($56.5 million)
- JPMorgan Chase ($52 million)
- Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland ($50 million each)
- Citigroup ($42 million)
- Barclays ($30 million)
BANKS THAT HAVE NOT SETTLED.
- BNP Paribas
- Mogran Stanley
- Wells Fargo