BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
HSBC, UBS Latest Banks to Settle U.S. Rate-Rigging Lawsuits
HSBC and UBS will each pay $14 million to settle private U.S. litigation accusing them of rigging the ISDAfix interest rate benchmark - bringing to 10 the number of banks that have settled the lawsuit filed by Alaska Electrical Pension Fund and several other pension funds and municipalities. Four banks have yet to settle. Over $408 million has been raised by the 10 settlements.
Companies and investors use ISDAfix to price swaps transactions, commercial real estate mortgages and structured debt securities.
BANKS THAT SETTLED PREVIOUSLY.
- Goldman Sachs ($56.5 million)
- JPMorgan Chase ($52 million)
- Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland ($50 million each)
- Citigroup ($42 million)
- Barclays ($30 million)
BANKS THAT HAVE NOT SETTLED.
- BNP Paribas
- Mogran Stanley
- Wells Fargo