BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Bill Cosby Found Guilty of Sexual Assault
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
JPMorgan Executive is the New SEC Director of Trading & Markets
Brett Redfearn is leaving JPMorgan to join the SEC as Director of the Trading and Markets Division. He currently serves as Global Head of Market Structure for JPMorgan's Corporate & Investment Bank.
Mr. Redfearn began his career at the American Stock Exchange, where he ran Business Strategy and Equity Order Flow. During his career, Mr. Redfearn has served on the boards of BATS Global Markets, the Chicago Stock Exchange, BIDS Trading, and the National Organization of Investment Professionals.
Here’s Mr. Redfearn’s experience as profiled on LinkedIn.com:
- 1996-2004: Amex: Head of Business Strategy and Equity Order Flow Division.
- 2004-2008: Bear Stearns: Responsible for market structure strategy and exchange relationships.
- 2006-2008: CHX: Board of Directors.
- 2008-2009: JPMorgan: Global Head of Algorithmic Trading
- 2008-2010: JPMorgan: Americas Head of Product, Electronic Client Solutions.
- 2008-2010: JPMorgan: Global Head of Liquidity.
- 2008-2010: BIDS Trading: Board of Directors.
- 2010-2016: JPMorgan: Americas Head of Market Structure Strategy.
- 2008-2016: BATS Exchange: Board of Directors.
- 2016-Present: JPMorgan: Global Head, Equity Market Structure Strategy.
- 2017-Present: JPMorgan: Head of Market Structure, Global Markets.
Mr. Redfearn has a long history in the U.S. equity markets, having worked with investors, exchanges and broker-dealers. During his career, Mr. Redfearn has focused on how technology, regulation and business trends are changing trading patterns across asset classes and geographic regions. He has helped build electronic trading products, worked closely with exchanges and other trading venues as these products evolved, and engaged with global asset managers on major regulatory developments. He has also been a frequent contributor at policy forums surrounding U.S. equity markets, and has been an active participant at several meetings of the SEC's Equity Market Structure Advisory Committee.