BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Latest Wrinkle in Wells Fargo Sales Scandal
[Photo: by Robert Arial / The State]
Is there no stop to the revelations that emerge from the Wells Fargo credit card and account scandals? Apparently not. We now learn that an internal review found that employees had pushed small firms toward more expensive contracts as part of aggressive sales tactics. This may not be surprising, given the fact that merchants have for years battled with banks over the costs associated with accepting card payments.
Add this latest issue to the assault on Wells Fargo from government investigators, former employees, customers and shareholders.