BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- FINRA Board of Governors - Election Notice
- Trump Signs Biggest Rollback of Bank Rules Since Financial Crisis
- SEC Commissioners Hold Investor Town Hall in Atlanta
- SEC Proposes FAIR Act Rules to Promote Research Reports on MFs, ETFs, Other Funds
- FINRA Markup/Markdown Analysis Report - Phone Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- NASAA Announces Coordinated International ICO and Crypto Crackdown
- New York Investment Advisor Settles SEC Insider Trading Charges
- Supreme Court Backs Companies Over Worker Class-Action Claims
- Bank of America Introduces Erica, Its AI Financial Assistant
- Banks Are Getting Another Volcker Rule Win
- Citigroup to Pay $7.3Mn Fine for Substandard IPO Work
- FINRA Stretches Definition of Participating in a Private Securities Transaction - Bill Singer
- Post Mortem Auto-Pilot Trading Sends Stockbroker's Career into Head-On Regulatory Crash
- Wells Fargo Has Shown Us Its Contemptible Values
- UBS to Counter Trading Troubles With M&A Work
- SEC Moves Quickly To Shut Down Fake Pre-IPO Share Scam
- SEC Testimony: Oversight of the SEC Division of Enforcement
- FINRA Modifies 'Agency Debt Security' in Rule 6710
- Is Jamie Dimon Doing a U-Turn on Bitcoin?
- After New Yorker's Racist Rant Goes Viral, His Law Firm Gets Pummeled with 1-Star Yelp Reviews
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Leadership Changes at Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs announced that Isabelle Ealet and Pablo Salame are out as Global Co-Heads of the Securities Division, while Ashok Vardhan will now serve as the unit’s sole chief. The Securities Division suffered one of its worst years on record in 2017 and Goldman has been making wholesale changes since – highlighted by the selection of David Solomon as CEO Lloyd Blankfein’s heir apparent.
Upon their departure in June, after 20-plus year careers at Goldman Sachs, Ms. Ealet and Mr. Salame will become senior directors. Senior directors advise the firm on matters related to their areas of expertise and aren’t employees.
ASHOK VARADHAN is Global Co-Head of the Securities Division. He is a member of the Management Committee and Firmwide Risk Committee. He joined Goldman Sachs in 1998 in Swaps Trading. Prior to assuming his current role in 2014, he held various leadership positions in Rates, Currencies, Emerging Markets and Commodities before ultimately becoming Global Head of Macro Trading in 2012. He was named managing director in 2000 and partner in 2002.
Mr. Varadhan serves on the Board of Directors of DUMAC, which manages Duke University’s endowment. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Harlem Children's Zone.
ISABELLE EALET is Global Co-Head of the Securities Division. She’s is a member of the Management Committee, European Management Committee, Firmwide Risk Committee and EMEA Conduct Risk Committee, as well as Co-Chair of Securities Division ExecComm and Chair of EMEA Securities Division OpComm. Ms. Ealet also serves as an Executive Director on the Goldman Sachs International Board. Prior to assuming her current responsibilities, she was Global Head of Commodities. She joined Goldman Sachs as a Commodities Trader in 1991 from Total Petroleum and was named Managing Director in 1997 and Partner in 2000.
Ms. Ealet is an advisor (Conseiller au Commerce Extérieur) for the French Embassy in the United Kingdom. In 2015, she was granted the insignia of Chevalier in the Ordre National de la Légion d'Honneur.
PABLO SALAME is a Vice Chairman of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. and Global Co-Head of the Securities Division. He is a member of the Management Committee, Co-Chair of the Partnership Committee and Co-Chair of the Firmwide Investment Policy Committee. He joined Goldman Sachs in 1996 and became Co-Head of the Global Emerging Markets Debt Group in 2000. In 2002, he moved to London, where he held leadership positions in Global Credit and European Equities. He assumed his current role in 2008 and returned to New York in 2011. He was named Managing Director in 1999 and Partner in 2000. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Salame worked for Citibank in their New York and Ecuador offices.
Mr. Salame serves on the Board of Trustees of Brown University and is a member of the external advisory board of the Brown Institute for Brain Science. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of New York City Center and the Advisory Board of the Billie Jean King Leadership Initiative.