BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Billionaire Investor John Paulson's Hedge Fund Is 'Rightsizing', And a Bunch of Senior Staff are Leaving
- 10 Years Ago a Wall Street Firm With $400Bn in Assets Collapsed. Why Bear Stearns Could Happen Again
- FINRA Disciplinary Actions for March 2018
- Ex-Deutsche Bank Trader Pleads Guilty Over Euribor Rigging
- SEC Proposes Transaction Fee Pilot for NMS Stocks
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting - March 2018
- Winklevoss Twins Have a Plan to Police Cryptocurrency Trading
- Trump Picks Larry Kudlow as New Top Economic Adviser, Source Says
- A Decade On, Was Bear a Bad Deal for JPMorgan?
- Theranos, Its CEO and Former President Charged With Massive Fraud
- Wall Street's ‘Diva of Distressed’ Throws Her Funds Into Bankruptcy
- How a Former NBA #1 Draft Pick Went From $61Mn Fortune to Owing $157K
- Foreign Affiliates of KPMG, Deloitte, BDO Charged in Improper Audits
- Trump Fires Secretary of State Tillerson - Picks CIA Director Pompeo
- Credit Karma, Pre-IPO FinTech Company, Violated Rule 701 Disclosure Requirements - SEC
- Goldman Sachs' Schwartz Retires, Paves Way for Solomon as Next CEO
- Damning Emails: Trump's Lawyer Used Trump Organization Email in Hush-Money Negotiations with Porn Star Stormy Daniels
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli Sentenced to 7 Years In Prison - Says 'This is My Fault'
- FINRA Investor Alert: Lost Property - Don't Be Escheated Out of Your Savings or Investments
- Analyst Dick Bove Calls Possible Blankfein Exit from Goldman 'Wonderful' News
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Lucy Fato Joins AIG as EVP and General Counsel
[Photo: AIG's Lucy Fato / BusinessWire.com]
by Howard Haykin
American International Group (AIG) announced on Monday that Lucy Fato will join the company as EVP and General Counsel, effective 10/16/17. She is currently Managing Director, Head of the Americas and General Counsel at the global investigations firm Nardello & Co. Earlier in her career, Ms. Fato served as VP, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
At AIG, Ms. Fato will oversee the Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs function, and will report to AIG President and CEO Brian Duperreault. She’ll also serve as a member of AIG’s Executive Leadership Team, and will participate in all strategic and policy decisions affecting the company’s operations. Ms. Fato succeeds Peter Solmssen, who has served as AIG’s General Counsel since 2016 and is returning to retirement.
At Nardello & Co., Ms. Fato has overseen the firm’s North American and South American practices in addition to acting as the firm’s global General Counsel. She will continue to serve the firm in an advisory capacity. Prior to Nardello & Co. and after MMC, Ms. Fato was Executive Vice President and General Counsel of McGraw Hill Financial (now known as S&P Global). Ms. Fato began her legal career in 1991 at the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, where she spent 14 years, including 5 as a partner in the capital markets group.
LUCY FATO EXPERIENCE. (LinkedIn)
October 2016 - October 2017. Nardello & Co. - MD / Head of the Americas / General Counsel.
August 2014 - October 2016. S&P Global - EVP / General Counsel.
September 2005 - July 2014. Marsh & McLennan - Deputy General Counsel / Corporate Secretary.
June 2000 - Septemer 2005. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Partner, Capital Markets .
October 1991 - June 2000. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Associate.
[For additional background, click to access profile at Nardello & Co.]