BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
- Saudi Arabia's arrest of Prince Alwaleed 'would be like arresting Warren Buffett or Bill Gates' in the US
- Arrest of Billionaire Saudi Prince Touches Sizable Stakes - Citigroup, Twitter, Lyft
- New York Fed President William Dudley set to announce retirement
- FINRA Arbitration Panel Rules Against ex-LPL Broker in $30Mn Lawsuit vs. Firm
- OOPS! Goldman, JPMorgan, BofA Fail in Pricing an IPO
- Former Merrill Broker Pleads Guilty to Fee Fraud, Faces Up To 25 Years
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Lucy Fato Joins AIG as EVP and General Counsel
[Photo: AIG's Lucy Fato / BusinessWire.com]
by Howard Haykin
American International Group (AIG) announced on Monday that Lucy Fato will join the company as EVP and General Counsel, effective 10/16/17. She is currently Managing Director, Head of the Americas and General Counsel at the global investigations firm Nardello & Co. Earlier in her career, Ms. Fato served as VP, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
At AIG, Ms. Fato will oversee the Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs function, and will report to AIG President and CEO Brian Duperreault. She’ll also serve as a member of AIG’s Executive Leadership Team, and will participate in all strategic and policy decisions affecting the company’s operations. Ms. Fato succeeds Peter Solmssen, who has served as AIG’s General Counsel since 2016 and is returning to retirement.
At Nardello & Co., Ms. Fato has overseen the firm’s North American and South American practices in addition to acting as the firm’s global General Counsel. She will continue to serve the firm in an advisory capacity. Prior to Nardello & Co. and after MMC, Ms. Fato was Executive Vice President and General Counsel of McGraw Hill Financial (now known as S&P Global). Ms. Fato began her legal career in 1991 at the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, where she spent 14 years, including 5 as a partner in the capital markets group.
LUCY FATO EXPERIENCE. (LinkedIn)
October 2016 - October 2017. Nardello & Co. - MD / Head of the Americas / General Counsel.
August 2014 - October 2016. S&P Global - EVP / General Counsel.
September 2005 - July 2014. Marsh & McLennan - Deputy General Counsel / Corporate Secretary.
June 2000 - Septemer 2005. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Partner, Capital Markets .
October 1991 - June 2000. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Associate.
[For additional background, click to access profile at Nardello & Co.]