BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Lucy Fato Joins AIG as EVP and General Counsel
[Photo: AIG's Lucy Fato / BusinessWire.com]
by Howard Haykin
American International Group (AIG) announced on Monday that Lucy Fato will join the company as EVP and General Counsel, effective 10/16/17. She is currently Managing Director, Head of the Americas and General Counsel at the global investigations firm Nardello & Co. Earlier in her career, Ms. Fato served as VP, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
At AIG, Ms. Fato will oversee the Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs function, and will report to AIG President and CEO Brian Duperreault. She’ll also serve as a member of AIG’s Executive Leadership Team, and will participate in all strategic and policy decisions affecting the company’s operations. Ms. Fato succeeds Peter Solmssen, who has served as AIG’s General Counsel since 2016 and is returning to retirement.
At Nardello & Co., Ms. Fato has overseen the firm’s North American and South American practices in addition to acting as the firm’s global General Counsel. She will continue to serve the firm in an advisory capacity. Prior to Nardello & Co. and after MMC, Ms. Fato was Executive Vice President and General Counsel of McGraw Hill Financial (now known as S&P Global). Ms. Fato began her legal career in 1991 at the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, where she spent 14 years, including 5 as a partner in the capital markets group.
LUCY FATO EXPERIENCE. (LinkedIn)
October 2016 - October 2017. Nardello & Co. - MD / Head of the Americas / General Counsel.
August 2014 - October 2016. S&P Global - EVP / General Counsel.
September 2005 - July 2014. Marsh & McLennan - Deputy General Counsel / Corporate Secretary.
June 2000 - Septemer 2005. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Partner, Capital Markets .
October 1991 - June 2000. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Associate.
[For additional background, click to access profile at Nardello & Co.]