BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- North Korean caught secretly mining bitcoin rival
- IPO Timelines Cut by 80% After SEC's Private Filing Decision
- How the Carried Interest Break Survived the Tax Bill
- FINRA: The Neutral Corner
- Coinbasex Says Buying and Selling Temporarily Disabled Amid Price Rout
- Bitcoin plunges by more than a third in a single day
- Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk
- Jefferies Lets Employees Choose When to Receive Their Bonuses
- UBS Told to Pay $903K After Losing Retaliation Verdict
- BEWARE: Long Island Iced Tea Shares Soar After Changing Name to Long Blockchain
- Gary Cohn’s Last Laugh: Cashing Out on Trump’s Tax Plan
- E*Trade Lets Customers Trade in CBOE Bitcoin Futures
- Swiss Find Serious Shortcomings at JPMorgan in 1MDB Case
- Washington-based Investment Adviser and His Business Partner Charged in Multi-Million Dollar Scheme
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting
- Cryptocurrency Market Now Doing Same Daily Volume as the NYSE
- Jailed Barclays Trader Must Pay $400,000 From Libor Profits
- Trump Asks ‘How’s Your 401(k)?’ But Most Voters Don’t Have One
- A Bitcoin Hedge Fund’s Return: 25,004% (That Wasn’t a Typo)
- Madoff Victims Near Full Recovery of Principal With Payout
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Lucy Fato Joins AIG as EVP and General Counsel
[Photo: AIG's Lucy Fato / BusinessWire.com]
by Howard Haykin
American International Group (AIG) announced on Monday that Lucy Fato will join the company as EVP and General Counsel, effective 10/16/17. She is currently Managing Director, Head of the Americas and General Counsel at the global investigations firm Nardello & Co. Earlier in her career, Ms. Fato served as VP, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Marsh & McLennan Companies.
At AIG, Ms. Fato will oversee the Global Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Government Affairs function, and will report to AIG President and CEO Brian Duperreault. She’ll also serve as a member of AIG’s Executive Leadership Team, and will participate in all strategic and policy decisions affecting the company’s operations. Ms. Fato succeeds Peter Solmssen, who has served as AIG’s General Counsel since 2016 and is returning to retirement.
At Nardello & Co., Ms. Fato has overseen the firm’s North American and South American practices in addition to acting as the firm’s global General Counsel. She will continue to serve the firm in an advisory capacity. Prior to Nardello & Co. and after MMC, Ms. Fato was Executive Vice President and General Counsel of McGraw Hill Financial (now known as S&P Global). Ms. Fato began her legal career in 1991 at the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell, where she spent 14 years, including 5 as a partner in the capital markets group.
LUCY FATO EXPERIENCE. (LinkedIn)
October 2016 - October 2017. Nardello & Co. - MD / Head of the Americas / General Counsel.
August 2014 - October 2016. S&P Global - EVP / General Counsel.
September 2005 - July 2014. Marsh & McLennan - Deputy General Counsel / Corporate Secretary.
June 2000 - Septemer 2005. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Partner, Capital Markets .
October 1991 - June 2000. Davis Polk & Wardwell - Associate.
[For additional background, click to access profile at Nardello & Co.]