BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Lunch with Warren Buffett – And All It Cost was $2.7Mn
[Photo: Warren Buffett Dining on McDonald’s in HBO’s "Becoming Warren Buffett"]
by Howard Haykin
As he’s done for the past 17 years, Warren Buffett will have lunch with one lucky individual – winner of a 5-day eBay auction – along with up to 7 of his or her friends.
This year’s anonymous auction winner, who beat out 40 others, bid $2,679,001 for the lunch, which will be held at Smith & Wollensky, a New York steak house. Proceeds go to Glide, a nonprofit organization in San Francisco that provides a variety of services for poor and marginalized people including food - almost 800,000 meals per year - shelter and child care.
For the record, anonymous bidders offered $3,456,789 to dine with Mr. Buffett in 2012 and 2016 (the highest ever bids), while the very first auction in 2000 - a live event - had a winning bid of $25,000.