BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Malapropisms in Season: Adidas Apologizes for Putting its ‘Foot (Sneaker) in Its Mouth’
Patriot’s (or Patriots’) Day was celebrated in Massachusetts and Maine last Monday, April 17th, to commemorate the battles of Lexington and Concord, which were fought near Boston in 1775. And, as tradition would have it, the Boston Marathon was held on that state holiday – 2017 marked the 121st anniversary of the annual race.
On Tuesday, Adidas, which sponsored the event, emailed the following message to all 2017 Boston Marathon finishers:
"Congrats, you survived the Boston Marathon!"
However, the well-intentioned but entirely inappropriate email was attacked as insensitive because it related all too closely to the tragedy that took place in 2013, when 3 people were killed and more than 260 were injured in that year’s Boston Marathon bombing.
A spokesperson for Adidas apologized for the email:
"We are incredibly sorry. Clearly, there was no thought given to the insensitive email subject line we sent Tuesday."
"We deeply apologize for our mistake. The Boston Marathon is one of the most inspirational sporting events in the world. Every year we're reminded of the hope and resiliency of the running community at this event."