BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
- Senate Republicans Release Plan to Replace Obamacare - The Details
- Berkshire Hathaway Throws $1.5Bn Lifeline to Canada's Home Capital
- Inside Nomura: Day in the Life of a Junior Banker
- Inside Travis Kalanick’s Resignation as Uber’s C.E.O.
- Creative Planning, KS Investment Firm, Spurring Change on Wall Street
- SEC Obtains Judgment Against Attorney Who Defrauded Escrow Clients
- SEC Files Fraud Charges Against Stock Promoters in Market Manipulation Scheme
- Power Lunches and Dinners in New York, London, Washington
- Banks to Cut $1.2Bn in Research Spending, Analyst Jobs - McKinsey
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
MARCH MADNESS: Just Not On the Trading Floor
Two time honored traditions: the NCAA Basketball Tournament Brackets and the NYSE "Gambling" Bulletin to All Floor Members.
Offices and business establishments throughout America are gearing up for the start of March Madness - the NCAA Men's College Basketball Tournament. Sixty-eight teams will vie for the title of 2017 Champion. LET MARCH MADNESS BEGIN ... except at the New York Stock Exchange.
We'll let NYSE Member Education Bulletin 17-2 speak for itself.
To: ALL FLOOR MEMBERS
From: NYSE REGULATION
Subject: PROHIBITION ON GAMBLING ON PREMISES UNDER NYSE CONTROL, INCLUDING THE TRADING FLOOR
This Member Education Bulletin reminds all members, member organizations, and their employees of the policies governing gambling on New York Stock Exchange LLC (“NYSE”) premises, including the NYSE and NYSE MKT Equities trading Floor (the “Floor”). These policies were previously described in NYSE Information Memo 16-11, dated August 19, 2016.
Promoting or participating in certain gambling activities on the Floor or other premises under NYSE control is strictly prohibited by the Floor Conduct and Safety Guidelines and NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules (“NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies”). For example, participating in a sporting event pool where the participants purchase participation in the pool violates NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies. Other examples of prohibited gambling activity include schemes such as bookmaking, numbers games, or other organized for‐profit betting activity relating to sporting activities, other outside events or games of chance.
In addition to constituting a violation of NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies, gambling also can be a criminal offense in New York. ...........................
Telephones, computers, or other communication devices or business equipment located on the Trading Floor or other premises under NYSE control may not be used for any prohibited gambling activities. ...........................
For Answeres to Your Questions, Go to: Stephen Larson or Sean Gilmartin of NYSE Regulation; Nicholas Brigandi or Rudolfo Mass of NYSE Floor Operations.