BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
MARCH MADNESS: Just Not On the Trading Floor
Two time honored traditions: the NCAA Basketball Tournament Brackets and the NYSE "Gambling" Bulletin to All Floor Members.
Offices and business establishments throughout America are gearing up for the start of March Madness - the NCAA Men's College Basketball Tournament. Sixty-eight teams will vie for the title of 2017 Champion. LET MARCH MADNESS BEGIN ... except at the New York Stock Exchange.
We'll let NYSE Member Education Bulletin 17-2 speak for itself.
To: ALL FLOOR MEMBERS
From: NYSE REGULATION
Subject: PROHIBITION ON GAMBLING ON PREMISES UNDER NYSE CONTROL, INCLUDING THE TRADING FLOOR
This Member Education Bulletin reminds all members, member organizations, and their employees of the policies governing gambling on New York Stock Exchange LLC (“NYSE”) premises, including the NYSE and NYSE MKT Equities trading Floor (the “Floor”). These policies were previously described in NYSE Information Memo 16-11, dated August 19, 2016.
Promoting or participating in certain gambling activities on the Floor or other premises under NYSE control is strictly prohibited by the Floor Conduct and Safety Guidelines and NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules (“NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies”). For example, participating in a sporting event pool where the participants purchase participation in the pool violates NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies. Other examples of prohibited gambling activity include schemes such as bookmaking, numbers games, or other organized for‐profit betting activity relating to sporting activities, other outside events or games of chance.
In addition to constituting a violation of NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies, gambling also can be a criminal offense in New York. ...........................
Telephones, computers, or other communication devices or business equipment located on the Trading Floor or other premises under NYSE control may not be used for any prohibited gambling activities. ...........................
For Answeres to Your Questions, Go to: Stephen Larson or Sean Gilmartin of NYSE Regulation; Nicholas Brigandi or Rudolfo Mass of NYSE Floor Operations.