BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
MARCH MADNESS: Just Not On the Trading Floor
Two time honored traditions: the NCAA Basketball Tournament Brackets and the NYSE "Gambling" Bulletin to All Floor Members.
Offices and business establishments throughout America are gearing up for the start of March Madness - the NCAA Men's College Basketball Tournament. Sixty-eight teams will vie for the title of 2017 Champion. LET MARCH MADNESS BEGIN ... except at the New York Stock Exchange.
We'll let NYSE Member Education Bulletin 17-2 speak for itself.
To: ALL FLOOR MEMBERS
From: NYSE REGULATION
Subject: PROHIBITION ON GAMBLING ON PREMISES UNDER NYSE CONTROL, INCLUDING THE TRADING FLOOR
This Member Education Bulletin reminds all members, member organizations, and their employees of the policies governing gambling on New York Stock Exchange LLC (“NYSE”) premises, including the NYSE and NYSE MKT Equities trading Floor (the “Floor”). These policies were previously described in NYSE Information Memo 16-11, dated August 19, 2016.
Promoting or participating in certain gambling activities on the Floor or other premises under NYSE control is strictly prohibited by the Floor Conduct and Safety Guidelines and NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules (“NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies”). For example, participating in a sporting event pool where the participants purchase participation in the pool violates NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies. Other examples of prohibited gambling activity include schemes such as bookmaking, numbers games, or other organized for‐profit betting activity relating to sporting activities, other outside events or games of chance.
In addition to constituting a violation of NYSE and NYSE MKT Rules and Policies, gambling also can be a criminal offense in New York. ...........................
Telephones, computers, or other communication devices or business equipment located on the Trading Floor or other premises under NYSE control may not be used for any prohibited gambling activities. ...........................
For Answeres to Your Questions, Go to: Stephen Larson or Sean Gilmartin of NYSE Regulation; Nicholas Brigandi or Rudolfo Mass of NYSE Floor Operations.