BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- White House Now Doesn’t Dispute Details of Trump's Call with Army Widow
- Goldman Sachs’ Lloyd Blankfein Just Threw Some Serious Brexit Shade
- Guggenheim Partners ‘Bank Wrecker’ Could Get $100Mn Exit Package
- Proposed Arbitration Rule Change: For Customers Dealing with an Inactive Firm or Associated Person
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Morgan Stanley’s Gain is Davis Polk’s Loss
Davis Polk partner Raul Yanes is joining Morgan Stanley, where he will replace Billy Fenrich as Chief Compliance Officer. The transition is scheduled for June. Mr. Fenrich, who has served as CCO for the past 13 months, will be joining AQR Capital in Greenwich, CT.
According to his bio on the law firm’s site, Raul Yanes currently is in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department, heads two of the firm’s practice areas - White Collar Criminal Defense, Government Investigations - and is the head of the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. He’s been a partner with Davis Polk since 1999 - except from 2003 to 2009, when he served in a variety of senior positions in the Bush Administration.
With this latest hiring, Morgan Stanley once again relies on Davis Polk to fill key compliance and legal positions. Billy Fenrich was a Davis Polk partner from 2005 to 2010. Gary Lynch and Eric Grossman, two former chief legal officers, are also Davis Polk alumni.