BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Stephen Hicks Barred for Defrauding His CT Hedge Funds - SEC
- Barclays CEO Staley Sees Pay Decline - Frankly, He's Lucky to Still be Employed
- Barclays Female Investment Bankers Earn 21% Less in Bonuses than Male Counterparts
- FINRA Eliminates $400 Fee for Explained Arbitration Decision
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Morgan Stanley’s Gain is Davis Polk’s Loss
Davis Polk partner Raul Yanes is joining Morgan Stanley, where he will replace Billy Fenrich as Chief Compliance Officer. The transition is scheduled for June. Mr. Fenrich, who has served as CCO for the past 13 months, will be joining AQR Capital in Greenwich, CT.
According to his bio on the law firm’s site, Raul Yanes currently is in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department, heads two of the firm’s practice areas - White Collar Criminal Defense, Government Investigations - and is the head of the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. He’s been a partner with Davis Polk since 1999 - except from 2003 to 2009, when he served in a variety of senior positions in the Bush Administration.
With this latest hiring, Morgan Stanley once again relies on Davis Polk to fill key compliance and legal positions. Billy Fenrich was a Davis Polk partner from 2005 to 2010. Gary Lynch and Eric Grossman, two former chief legal officers, are also Davis Polk alumni.