BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Morgan Stanley’s Gain is Davis Polk’s Loss
Davis Polk partner Raul Yanes is joining Morgan Stanley, where he will replace Billy Fenrich as Chief Compliance Officer. The transition is scheduled for June. Mr. Fenrich, who has served as CCO for the past 13 months, will be joining AQR Capital in Greenwich, CT.
According to his bio on the law firm’s site, Raul Yanes currently is in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department, heads two of the firm’s practice areas - White Collar Criminal Defense, Government Investigations - and is the head of the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. He’s been a partner with Davis Polk since 1999 - except from 2003 to 2009, when he served in a variety of senior positions in the Bush Administration.
With this latest hiring, Morgan Stanley once again relies on Davis Polk to fill key compliance and legal positions. Billy Fenrich was a Davis Polk partner from 2005 to 2010. Gary Lynch and Eric Grossman, two former chief legal officers, are also Davis Polk alumni.