BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- White House Now Doesn’t Dispute Details of Trump's Call with Army Widow
- Goldman Sachs’ Lloyd Blankfein Just Threw Some Serious Brexit Shade
- Guggenheim Partners ‘Bank Wrecker’ Could Get $100Mn Exit Package
- Proposed Arbitration Rule Change: For Customers Dealing with an Inactive Firm or Associated Person
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
MSRB Has New Line-Up of Officers & Board Members
[Photo: Lucy Hooper and Arthur Miller / MSRB ]
The MSRB announced a line-up of new officers and members of its Board of Directors for the 2018 fiscal year. Lucy Hooper, EVP at Davenport & Company, will serve as Board Chairperson, while Arthur Miller, a Managing Director at Goldman, Sachs, will serve a 2nd term as Vice Chair.
New members joining the Board for 4-year terms beginning 10/1/17 are:
- William Fitzgerald, Sr., Founder, Fitzgerald Asset Management
- Manju Ganeriwala, Treasurer, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Seema Mohanty, Founder / MD, Mohanty Gargiulo, LLC
- Donna Simonetti, former Executive Director at JP Morgan
- Beth Wolchock, MD, Oppenheimer & Co.
The MSRB also announced that Board member Gary Hall, whose term was set to expire September 30, 2017, will serve an additional two years on the Board to complete the term of Pat Sweeney, who recently resigned from the Board due to a job change.
The Board, which has 11 independent public members and 10 members from firms regulated by the MSRB, including broker-dealers, banks and municipal advisors, establishes regulatory policies and oversees the operations of the MSRB. All Board members must be knowledgeable about the municipal securities market and were selected from more than 90 applicants.
Other Board members are: Anthony Beard, Renee Boicourt, Robert Brown, Julia Cooper, Ron Dieckman, Richard Ellis, Jerry Ford, Richard Froehlich, Lakshmi Kommi, Kemp Lewis, Chris Ryon, Edward Sisk and Dale Turnipseed.
BIOS - MSRB OFFICERS, NEW BOARD MEMBERS
► Chair-Elect Lucy Hooper. MSRB Board member since 2014, she is EVP at Davenport & Company where she has served as Director of Fixed Income Sales and Trading since 2000. She joined the firm in 1981 and has held various fixed-income positions. Earlier she worked as a trader and in fixed income sales for First and Merchant National Bank.
► Vice Chair-Elect Arthur Miller. MSRB Board member since 2014, he is MD of the Public Sector & Infrastructure Group in the Investment Banking Division of Goldman, Sachs & Co. Miller joined Goldman Sachs in 1985, where he serves as Co-head of the Public Finance Strategies and Analytics Group. He has previously worked in the firm’s New Product Development Group, and the Fixed Income Research Group. He started his career as an associate attorney at Mudge Rose Guthrie Alexander & Ferdon.
► William Fitzgerald, Sr. Founder of Fitzgerald Asset Management where he manages debt portfolios for institutional and high-net worth investors. He also serves as the Founder and CIO at Global Infrastructure Asset Management. where he manages investment vehicles that finance infrastructure projects with equity and debt. Prior to his current role,
► Manju Ganeriwala. Treasurer of the Commonwealth of Virginia where she is responsible for overseeing the management of the Commonwealth’s investment portfolio, issuance of general obligation bonds and appropriation-backed bonds for debt-issuing authorities, management of outstanding debt, and administration of the State’s insurance and unclaimed property programs. She is chair of the Commonwealth’s Treasury Board and serves on 10 other public boards, including the Virginia Housing Development Authority, the Virginia Port Authority, the Virginia Resources Authority, and the Virginia College Savings Plan.
► Seema Mohanty. Founder and MD of Mohanty Gargiulo, LLC, where she oversees client development, relationship management and daily operations of the capital markets advisory business, including derivatives and municipal bond pricing. She serves as swap advisor for sophisticated municipal securities issuers, including government and non-profit clients with large and complex derivatives portfolios. Prior to her current role, Ms. Mohanty was MD and head of municipal derivatives and structured products at UBS.
► Donna Simonetti. Former Exec. Director at JPMorgan, where she was director of fixed income compliance. In that capacity, she advised the firm’s public finance department on compliance issues regarding the sales, trading, underwriting and investment banking of municipal securities. Prior to joining JP Morgan in 2008, Ms. Simonetti was managing director principal at Bear Stearns and Co.
► Beth Wolchock. MD and Muni Principal at Oppenheimer where she leads the firm’s municipal securities underwriting activities. In a career spanning more than 40 years, Ms. Wolchock has undertaken a progression of roles and responsibilities in underwriting and public investment banking arenas. Prior to joining Oppenheimer in 2013, Ms. Wolchock held positions at CastleOak Securities where she created the firm’s municipal department and established its underwriting business