BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Musical Chairs at Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management
[Photo: MS Sydney, Australia, HQ's, by Alex Proimos / Wikimedia Commons]
by Howard Haykin
The private wealth management sand dunes continue to shift at Morgan Stanley, which employs more than 15,000 advisers. In 2016, the firm reshuffled its top executive ranks in wealth management following the departure of President Greg Fleming. Earlier this year, the firm reduced the number of regional executives from 8 to 6. Yesterday, Morgan Stanley announced plans to put 90 financial advisers alongside investment bankers at its Times Square headquarters - in hope the interaction will generate more business. [See Financialish.com]
Finally, Morgan Stanley issued a memo with further changes at the top of its private wealth management unit. The changes include 2 promotions and a flattening of the management structure. According to Reuters:
- Vince Lumia, head of wealth management, will now be 'head of the field'.
- Mandell Crawley, chief marketing officer, will now be head of wealth management.
- Former divisional head Bill McMahon and Rick Skae will now be vice chairs of wealth management.
It remains to be seen if the 'game of musical chairs' has come to an end.