BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Nomura VP Charged with Insider Trading - SEC
The SEC charged a vice president in the risk management department of Nomura with insider trading on confidential information he learned in advance of a private equity firm's acquisition of a publicly-traded technology company.
It's alleged that Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy and wife Shreya Achar (who was named as a relief defendant) began trading in Neustar securities after he learned that Golden Gate Capital planned to acquire Neustar Inc. Apparently, Nomura had been approached by Golden Gate Capital to finance the transaction. The trading took place in November and December of 2016 - in 2 brokerage accounts that Krishnamoorthy allegedly kept hidden from his employer. According to the SEC's complaint, Krishnamoorthy made approximately $48,000 in illicit profits.
In a parallel action, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York today filed criminal charges against Krishnamoorthy.
The SEC seeks to freeze the brokerage accounts while it continues its investigation.
NOMURA'S NAME LEFT OFF CASE DETAILS. It's interesting to note that neither the SEC nor FINRA provide any indication that Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy was working for Nomura. In fact, our review of FINRA BrokerCheck revealed only that a person named Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy was registered for one year with Coastal Trade Securities - and that was from 2011 to 2012. So, we're pleased to thank Dealbreaker for disclosing Mr. Krishnamoorthy's employer, and for laying out the timeline in this case. [See "The Nomura VP Accused Of Insider Trading Really Made It Easy On The SEC", 4/24/17]