BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Nomura VP Charged with Insider Trading - SEC
The SEC charged a vice president in the risk management department of Nomura with insider trading on confidential information he learned in advance of a private equity firm's acquisition of a publicly-traded technology company.
It's alleged that Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy and wife Shreya Achar (who was named as a relief defendant) began trading in Neustar securities after he learned that Golden Gate Capital planned to acquire Neustar Inc. Apparently, Nomura had been approached by Golden Gate Capital to finance the transaction. The trading took place in November and December of 2016 - in 2 brokerage accounts that Krishnamoorthy allegedly kept hidden from his employer. According to the SEC's complaint, Krishnamoorthy made approximately $48,000 in illicit profits.
In a parallel action, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York today filed criminal charges against Krishnamoorthy.
The SEC seeks to freeze the brokerage accounts while it continues its investigation.
NOMURA'S NAME LEFT OFF CASE DETAILS. It's interesting to note that neither the SEC nor FINRA provide any indication that Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy was working for Nomura. In fact, our review of FINRA BrokerCheck revealed only that a person named Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy was registered for one year with Coastal Trade Securities - and that was from 2011 to 2012. So, we're pleased to thank Dealbreaker for disclosing Mr. Krishnamoorthy's employer, and for laying out the timeline in this case. [See "The Nomura VP Accused Of Insider Trading Really Made It Easy On The SEC", 4/24/17]