BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Nomura VP Charged with Insider Trading - SEC
The SEC charged a vice president in the risk management department of Nomura with insider trading on confidential information he learned in advance of a private equity firm's acquisition of a publicly-traded technology company.
It's alleged that Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy and wife Shreya Achar (who was named as a relief defendant) began trading in Neustar securities after he learned that Golden Gate Capital planned to acquire Neustar Inc. Apparently, Nomura had been approached by Golden Gate Capital to finance the transaction. The trading took place in November and December of 2016 - in 2 brokerage accounts that Krishnamoorthy allegedly kept hidden from his employer. According to the SEC's complaint, Krishnamoorthy made approximately $48,000 in illicit profits.
In a parallel action, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York today filed criminal charges against Krishnamoorthy.
The SEC seeks to freeze the brokerage accounts while it continues its investigation.
NOMURA'S NAME LEFT OFF CASE DETAILS. It's interesting to note that neither the SEC nor FINRA provide any indication that Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy was working for Nomura. In fact, our review of FINRA BrokerCheck revealed only that a person named Avaneesh Krishnamoorthy was registered for one year with Coastal Trade Securities - and that was from 2011 to 2012. So, we're pleased to thank Dealbreaker for disclosing Mr. Krishnamoorthy's employer, and for laying out the timeline in this case. [See "The Nomura VP Accused Of Insider Trading Really Made It Easy On The SEC", 4/24/17]