BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
NYSE Disciplinary Actions for May 2017
Consolidated Trading Fined $10K. [NYSE Arca - #2017-03-00019 - 5/23]
Respondent violated: (i) NYSE Arca Equities Rule 7.33 by failing to populate orders entered on the NYSE Arca Marketplace with the correct capacity code; and (ii) NYSE Arca Equities Rule 6.18(b) by failing to have in place a supervisory system reasonably designed to ensure the submission of orders to the NYSE Arca Marketplace with the correct capacity codes.
Interactive Brokers Fined $230K. [NYSE Arca - #20120347730-01 - 5/23]
Respondent violated: (i) Exchange Act Rules 15c3-5(b) and (c)(1)(ii), and NYSE Arca Equities Rules 6.18 and 2010, by failing to establish, document, and maintain a system of risk management controls and supervisory procedures, including written supervisory procedures and an adequate system of follow-up and review, reasonably designed to manage the financial, regulatory, and other risks of its market access business, including pre-trade controls to prevent the entry of erroneous orders by rejecting orders that exceed appropriate price or size parameters; and (ii) Exchange Act Rules 15c3-5(b) and (c)(2), and NYSE Arca Equities Rules 6.18 and 2010, by failing to establish, document, and maintain a system of risk management controls and supervisory procedures, including written supervisory procedures and an adequate system of follow-up and review, reasonably designed to manage the financial, regulatory, and other risks of its market access business to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, including supervising customer trading to detect and prevent potentially violative activity.
Old Mission Capital Fined $125K. [NYSE Arca - #20140411317 – 5/22]
Respondent violated (i) NYSE Arca Equities Rules 2010 and 7.33 by failing to mark orders with the appropriate designator to identify them as proprietary, and (ii) NYSE Arca Equities Rules 2010, 6.18(b) and 6.18(c) by failing to establish and maintain a system and written supervisory procedures reasonably designed to achieve compliance with Arca Equities Rule 7.33.
IMC Financial Markets Fined $85K. [NYSE Arca - #2016-07-01311 – 5/4]
Respondent violated: (i) NYSE Arca Equities Rule 7.23 by failing to maintain continuous, two-sided trading interest in approximately 79,382 instances and (ii) NYSE Arca Equities Rule 6.18(b) by failing to establish and maintain adequate supervisory procedures reasonably designed to ensure compliance with NYSE Arca Equities Rule 7.23.
KCG Americas Fined $35K. [NYSE - 2016-03-00052 – 5/2]
This matter arises from investigations conducted by the NYSE Regulation Surveillance & Investigations group and FINRA' s Department of Market Regulation into NYSE Designated Market Maker participation in August 2015. NYSE Rule 104(a)(I) requires that a DMM, with respect to securities for which it is registered, must assist the Exchange "by maintaining a continuous two-sided quote with a displayed size of at least one round lot." KCG's DMM unit did not quote on both sides of the market in its assigned symbols while its risk controls were engaged - in violation of Rule 104(a)(1).
Andrie Trading Fined $20K. [NYSE Arca - #2016-01-04-00001 – 5/1]
Respondent violated Rules 15c3-5(b) and (c)(1)(ii) by failing to establish, document, and maintain controls that were reasonably designed to prevent the entry of excessive quotes into the market.