BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
- SEC Launches Share Class Selection Disclosure Initiative to Encourage Self-Reporting and the Prompt Return of Funds to Investors
- BofA CEO Moynihan Got $23Mn Compensation for 2017 – a 15% Pay Raise
- Former Credit Suisse ‘Star’ Gets 5-Year Jail Term For "Clever Fraud"
- FINRA: Perspectives on Customer Arb Award Recovery
- FINRA: Amend Membership App Program to Incentivize Arbitration Award Payments
- Goldman's #2 Allegedly Swindled Out of $1.2Mn of Wine by Assistant
- FINRA Publishes Annual Budget Summary - No Fee Rate Increases for Member Firms
- CFTC Chairman Giancarlo Names Maggie Sklar Senior Counsel
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Pepsi Faces Backlash on ‘Tone-Deaf' Protest Commercial
It seems that Pepsi hit the wrong chord on a new ad featuring Kendall Jenner. According to MarketWatch, the ad (which can be seen on YouTube) juxtaposes scenes of a photo shoot of the reality: TV star/model with a vague street demonstration, which she joins and finally wins the day by offering a police officer a can of Pepsi.
Innocent enough, and timely to a nation swept up in social activism.
Until you juxtapose that ad with a photo of armed riot policemen rushing over to confront a black woman who appears to have peacefully ‘stepped out of line’.
“So all us dark people have to do is convince a copy that the Pepsi we’re holding isn’t a gun.”
“I can’t believe Kendall Jenner stopped police brutality with PEPSI!! We have achieved world peace, guys!”
“That Ad Made Me Buy A Coke.”