BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- ‘A Bleak Picture’ for Women Trying to Rise at Law Firms
- How Golf Superstar Jordan Spieth, 23, Spends Time and Millions
- Goldman Sachs Retreats as a Top Lead Market Maker for ETFs
- In-House Counsels: Top 30 Money-Earners
- Ivanka Trump Retains White Collar Defense Lawyer Abbe Lowell
- Ameriprise Financial Reports Higher Q2 Profits, Revenues
- SEC Announces $2.5 Million Whistleblower Award
- Another Russian Connection for a Trump Nominee - Brian Benczkowski, Picked to Lead DOJ Criminal Division
- 3 From BigLaw Chosen as SDNY Magistrate Judges
- Morgan Stanley Tops Goldman in Market Value for First Time in 10 Years
- Former DOJ Official on Evolution of Corporate Compliance
- T+2 Settlement - FINRA User Acceptance Tests
- LedgerX Approved as Derivative Clearing Organization - CFTC
- Trump, ObamaCare and the Art of the Fail - Peggy Noonan
- Bryan Wood to Head SEC Office of Legislative and Intergov'tal Affairs
- BATS Market Close v. NYSE and Nasdaq
- Inside Scaramucci’s Extreme Loyalty to Trump – William Cohan
- Who President Trump Can Pardon, and Who He Can’t
- Ex-UBS Compliance Officer, Day Trader Deny Insider Trading
- Private Equity’s Big Bets on Financial Tech
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Piper Chair/CEO Nears Election to FINRA Board of Governors
This Friday, 5/19, FINRA will hold a special meeting of large firms to elect one Large Firm Governor to the FINRA Board of Governors. The FINRA Nominating Committee nominated Andrew Duff, Chairman and CEO of Piper Jaffray, and he will run unopposed unless other names were submitted.
ANDREW DUFF. Mr. Duff is Chair and CEO of Piper Jaffray Companies, a position he has held since the completion of its spin-off from U.S. Bancorp on 12/31/03. He has also served as chairman of Piper Jaffray & Co., its primary broker-dealer subsidiary since 2003, and as CEO since 2000.
- Mr. Duff has been at Piper Jaffray since 1980, when he joined the institutional fixed income sales department.
- He was later promoted to manager of institutional sales and trading in 1994.
- He then served as president of the individual investor services and capital markets areas until 1996
- He also has served as president of Piper Jaffray and vice chair of U.S. Bancorp for the wealth management group (while it was owned by U.S. Bancorp, from 1996 to 2003)
Mr. Duff previously served on the SIFMA board of directors and the board of directors of the American Securities Association.