BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Bitcoin Blows Past $2,500, $2,600, and $2,700
- 7-Point Checklist for Financial Services Firms to Protect Against Cyber Attacks - Michael Chertoff
- Reflections from FINRA Annual Conference - FINRA CEO Robert Cook
- Wells Fargo Advisors Creates New Mutual Fund Class for Fiduciary Rule
- HUD Sec'y Ben Carson: ‘Poverty is a State of Mind’ - Sheesh!
- Toronto-Dominion Posts Q2 Profit
- Deutsche Bank, Barclays Euribor Traders' Trial Delayed to 2018
- U.K.'s May to Raise Intel Leaks With Trump as Ties at Risk
- Piper's Andrew Duff is New FINRA Governor, As Expected
- Deutsche Bank Said Near Fed Deal on Russia; DOJ Probe Looms
- Status of SEC Administrative Law Judges Still In Doubt Following Denver Appeals Panel Ruling
- First Advertiser Pulls Ads from Sean Hannity’s Fox News Show
- Fate of Elizabeth Warren’s CFPB to be Decided by Legal Showdown
- CME Chair and CEO Terrence Duffy Suffers Collapsed Lung (WSJ Subsc)
- Photos from Trump's Visit With Pope Francis at The Vatican
- U.K. Scolds U.S. ‘Friends’ For Leaking Manchester Bomb Intelligence
- Trump to Retain Private Attorney Marc Kasowitz in Russia Investigation
- Pope Asks Trump to be Peacemaker, Gives Him Environmental Letter
- Bitcoin Hits All-Time High Above $2,400
- 'Soup Nazi' Company Executive Indicted for U.S. Tax Evasion
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Piper Chair/CEO Nears Election to FINRA Board of Governors
This Friday, 5/19, FINRA will hold a special meeting of large firms to elect one Large Firm Governor to the FINRA Board of Governors. The FINRA Nominating Committee nominated Andrew Duff, Chairman and CEO of Piper Jaffray, and he will run unopposed unless other names were submitted.
ANDREW DUFF. Mr. Duff is Chair and CEO of Piper Jaffray Companies, a position he has held since the completion of its spin-off from U.S. Bancorp on 12/31/03. He has also served as chairman of Piper Jaffray & Co., its primary broker-dealer subsidiary since 2003, and as CEO since 2000.
- Mr. Duff has been at Piper Jaffray since 1980, when he joined the institutional fixed income sales department.
- He was later promoted to manager of institutional sales and trading in 1994.
- He then served as president of the individual investor services and capital markets areas until 1996
- He also has served as president of Piper Jaffray and vice chair of U.S. Bancorp for the wealth management group (while it was owned by U.S. Bancorp, from 1996 to 2003)
Mr. Duff previously served on the SIFMA board of directors and the board of directors of the American Securities Association.