BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Piper Chair/CEO Nears Election to FINRA Board of Governors
This Friday, 5/19, FINRA will hold a special meeting of large firms to elect one Large Firm Governor to the FINRA Board of Governors. The FINRA Nominating Committee nominated Andrew Duff, Chairman and CEO of Piper Jaffray, and he will run unopposed unless other names were submitted.
ANDREW DUFF. Mr. Duff is Chair and CEO of Piper Jaffray Companies, a position he has held since the completion of its spin-off from U.S. Bancorp on 12/31/03. He has also served as chairman of Piper Jaffray & Co., its primary broker-dealer subsidiary since 2003, and as CEO since 2000.
- Mr. Duff has been at Piper Jaffray since 1980, when he joined the institutional fixed income sales department.
- He was later promoted to manager of institutional sales and trading in 1994.
- He then served as president of the individual investor services and capital markets areas until 1996
- He also has served as president of Piper Jaffray and vice chair of U.S. Bancorp for the wealth management group (while it was owned by U.S. Bancorp, from 1996 to 2003)
Mr. Duff previously served on the SIFMA board of directors and the board of directors of the American Securities Association.