BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Piper Jaffray Chair/CEO Gets FINRA Governor Nomination
[Photo: Courtesy of Piper Jaffray
FINRA will conduct a special meeting of large member firms on or about Friday, 5/19/17, to elect one individual to fill a vacant Large Firm Governor seat on the FINRA Board of Governors.
While other candidates may throw their hats in the ring, FINRA has nominated Andrew Duff, Piper Jaffray’s Chairman & CEO, as its candidate. Here’s a brief CV on Mr. Duff:
- Chairman & CEO of Piper Jaffray Companies since 12/31/03.
- Chairman of Piper Jaffray & Co., its primary B/D subsidiary since 2003; CEO since 2000.
- Joined Piper Jaffray in 1980, starting off in institutional fixed income sales.
- During the time period that Piper Jaffray was owned by U.S Bancorp (‘96 –‘03), was President of Piper Jaffray and Vice Chair of U.S. Bancorp for the wealth management group.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree from Tufts; attended the Advanced Executive Program at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern.
- Currently sits on boards of SIFMA, American Securities Ass’n, University of St. Thomas, and University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business.
Remember to vote early and often!