BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
- Senate Republicans Release Plan to Replace Obamacare - The Details
- Berkshire Hathaway Throws $1.5Bn Lifeline to Canada's Home Capital
- Inside Nomura: Day in the Life of a Junior Banker
- Inside Travis Kalanick’s Resignation as Uber’s C.E.O.
- Creative Planning, KS Investment Firm, Spurring Change on Wall Street
- SEC Obtains Judgment Against Attorney Who Defrauded Escrow Clients
- SEC Files Fraud Charges Against Stock Promoters in Market Manipulation Scheme
- Power Lunches and Dinners in New York, London, Washington
- Banks to Cut $1.2Bn in Research Spending, Analyst Jobs - McKinsey
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Piper Jaffray Chair/CEO Gets FINRA Governor Nomination
[Photo: Courtesy of Piper Jaffray
FINRA will conduct a special meeting of large member firms on or about Friday, 5/19/17, to elect one individual to fill a vacant Large Firm Governor seat on the FINRA Board of Governors.
While other candidates may throw their hats in the ring, FINRA has nominated Andrew Duff, Piper Jaffray’s Chairman & CEO, as its candidate. Here’s a brief CV on Mr. Duff:
- Chairman & CEO of Piper Jaffray Companies since 12/31/03.
- Chairman of Piper Jaffray & Co., its primary B/D subsidiary since 2003; CEO since 2000.
- Joined Piper Jaffray in 1980, starting off in institutional fixed income sales.
- During the time period that Piper Jaffray was owned by U.S Bancorp (‘96 –‘03), was President of Piper Jaffray and Vice Chair of U.S. Bancorp for the wealth management group.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree from Tufts; attended the Advanced Executive Program at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern.
- Currently sits on boards of SIFMA, American Securities Ass’n, University of St. Thomas, and University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business.
Remember to vote early and often!