BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Inside Scaramucci’s Extreme Loyalty to Trump – William Cohan
- Who President Trump Can Pardon, and Who He Can’t
- Ex-UBS Compliance Officer, Day Trader Deny Insider Trading
- Private Equity’s Big Bets on Financial Tech
- Trump Reportedly Floats Making Rudy Giuliani Attorney General
- Mastercard Wins Dismissal of $18 Billion Class Action Suit
- Jailed Schroders Trader Also to Pay $456K for His 'Criminal Lifestyle'
- Raymond Lucia, Ex-Radio Host Asks U.S. Top Court to Rule On Administrative Law Judges
- As Trump Administration Circles the Drain, Anthony Scaramucci Finally Lands West Wing Job
- Internal Power Struggle Rattles Guggenheim Partners
- Why Most People Will Never Be Successful
- Top Deutsche Bank Trader Leaves After Risky Bets Led to $60Mn Loss
- Bank of America Picks Dublin as EU Hub Post Brexit
- E*Trade Rises 4% as Q2 Earnings Beat Estimates
- I Scream, You Scream, FINRA Screams For Ice Cream ... or ... FINRA Deep-Freezes Broker
- Senate Panel OK's David Kautter, Trump Pick for Top Treasury Tax Job
- OJ Simpson Granted Parole After 9 Years in Prison
- PayPal to Partner with JPMorgan
- BNY Mellon Beats on Q2 Earnings as Revenues Improve
- I Scream, You Scream, FINRA Screams for Ice Cream ... or ... FINRA Deep-Freezes a Broker
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Raymond James Buys Advisers from UMB Financial
Raymond James Financial continued its expansion into the asset management business, has agreed to buy Scout Investments and Reams Asset Management from UMB Financial in a deal valued at $173 million.
Scout is an equities investment manager based in Kansas City, MO, while Reams - Scout's fixed income division - is based in Columbus, IN. The 2 businesses, which have about $27 billion in assets under management, will become wholly-owned subs of Carillon Tower Advisers.
Carillon Tower Advisers, a unit of Raymond James is a global asset-management firm supporting autonomous boutiques spanning investment disciplines and asset classes, each with a focus on risk-adjusted returns and alpha generation.
According to Bloomberg News, CEO Paul Reilly has been on an acquisition binge as the brokerage seeks to expand outside the U.S. and build out its asset-management business. In the past year, Raymond James has agreed to buy Montreal-based wealth manager MacDougall MacDougall & MacTier Inc. and the U.S. private client unit of Deutsche Bank AG.