BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Robert Greifeld: Trading Places
Robert Greifeld, who turned Nasdaq into a global exchange and technology company that gets most of its revenue from recurring fees for data, co-location services and the like, will soon become Chairman of Virtu Financial, a high-frequency trading firm. That appointment will take place after Virtu completes its $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings (fka Knight). Greifeld will take over from Virtu's current chairman and founder Vincent Viola.
Virtu Financial was founded in 2011 by former New York Mercantile Exchange Chairman Vincent Viola. When Virtu sought to acquire KCG Holdings, Greifeld and other investors helped finance the $1.4 billion purchase price by acquiring a combined $750 million of new Virtu stock.
Greifeld had served 14 years as CEO of Nasdaq until January 1, 2017, when Adena Friedman succeeded him. In May 2017, Mr. Greifeld relinquished his role as Nasdaq Chairman.
Viola was nominated by Donald Trump to be secretary of the Army, but he withdrew his name from consideration in February due to potential conflicts related to his businesses. Mr. Viola, along with Virtu CEO Douglas Cifu, purchased the Florida Panthers Hockey team in 2013.