BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Robert Greifeld: Trading Places
Robert Greifeld, who turned Nasdaq into a global exchange and technology company that gets most of its revenue from recurring fees for data, co-location services and the like, will soon become Chairman of Virtu Financial, a high-frequency trading firm. That appointment will take place after Virtu completes its $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings (fka Knight). Greifeld will take over from Virtu's current chairman and founder Vincent Viola.
Virtu Financial was founded in 2011 by former New York Mercantile Exchange Chairman Vincent Viola. When Virtu sought to acquire KCG Holdings, Greifeld and other investors helped finance the $1.4 billion purchase price by acquiring a combined $750 million of new Virtu stock.
Greifeld had served 14 years as CEO of Nasdaq until January 1, 2017, when Adena Friedman succeeded him. In May 2017, Mr. Greifeld relinquished his role as Nasdaq Chairman.
Viola was nominated by Donald Trump to be secretary of the Army, but he withdrew his name from consideration in February due to potential conflicts related to his businesses. Mr. Viola, along with Virtu CEO Douglas Cifu, purchased the Florida Panthers Hockey team in 2013.