BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Robert Greifeld: Trading Places
Robert Greifeld, who turned Nasdaq into a global exchange and technology company that gets most of its revenue from recurring fees for data, co-location services and the like, will soon become Chairman of Virtu Financial, a high-frequency trading firm. That appointment will take place after Virtu completes its $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings (fka Knight). Greifeld will take over from Virtu's current chairman and founder Vincent Viola.
Virtu Financial was founded in 2011 by former New York Mercantile Exchange Chairman Vincent Viola. When Virtu sought to acquire KCG Holdings, Greifeld and other investors helped finance the $1.4 billion purchase price by acquiring a combined $750 million of new Virtu stock.
Greifeld had served 14 years as CEO of Nasdaq until January 1, 2017, when Adena Friedman succeeded him. In May 2017, Mr. Greifeld relinquished his role as Nasdaq Chairman.
Viola was nominated by Donald Trump to be secretary of the Army, but he withdrew his name from consideration in February due to potential conflicts related to his businesses. Mr. Viola, along with Virtu CEO Douglas Cifu, purchased the Florida Panthers Hockey team in 2013.