BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Say Goodbye to SEC Director of Chicago Office
David Glockner, Director of the Chicago Regional Office, is leaving the SEC this month. Since late 2013, Mr. Glockner has led a staff of approximately 270 enforcement attorneys, accountants, investigators, and compliance examiners involved in the investigation and prosecution of enforcement actions and the performance of compliance inspections in the 9-state Chicago region that is home to roughly 20% of the nation’s population.
Mr. Glockner also has served as chair of the SEC’s Cybersecurity Working Group and is generally recognized as one of the agency’s experts on cybersecurity matters related to examinations and enforcement.
PROFESSIONAL CAREER. Before joining the SEC in December 2013 as the Chicago office’s Regional Director, Mr. Glockner was:
- 2012-2013: Managing Director and Head of the Chicago office of Stroz Friedberg - a digital risk management and investigations firm.
- 2000-2012: Chief, Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 1987-2000: Asst U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 1985-1987: Law Clerk to the Honorable Brian Duff of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 1985: J.D. from Stanford Law School.
- 1982: A.B. from the University of Chicago.