BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Law Bans Kaspersky Software from Use in U.S. Government
- I Owned Bitcoin For a Weekend and Here's What I Learned
- SEC Appoints New Chair and Board Members to PCAOB
- FINRA, Georgetown Team Up to Deliver 'Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional' Program
- FINRA Board Meeting - This Week's Agenda
- Statement on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings - SEC Chair Clayton
- Company Halts Initial Coin Offering Over SEC Registration Concerns
- Kevin O'Leary Explains One Big Thing People Don't Understand About Bitcoin (But Need To)
- CME Bitcoin Futures: A Better Way to Buy (or Short) Bitcoin?
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Say Goodbye to SEC Director of Chicago Office
David Glockner, Director of the Chicago Regional Office, is leaving the SEC this month. Since late 2013, Mr. Glockner has led a staff of approximately 270 enforcement attorneys, accountants, investigators, and compliance examiners involved in the investigation and prosecution of enforcement actions and the performance of compliance inspections in the 9-state Chicago region that is home to roughly 20% of the nation’s population.
Mr. Glockner also has served as chair of the SEC’s Cybersecurity Working Group and is generally recognized as one of the agency’s experts on cybersecurity matters related to examinations and enforcement.
PROFESSIONAL CAREER. Before joining the SEC in December 2013 as the Chicago office’s Regional Director, Mr. Glockner was:
- 2012-2013: Managing Director and Head of the Chicago office of Stroz Friedberg - a digital risk management and investigations firm.
- 2000-2012: Chief, Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 1987-2000: Asst U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 1985-1987: Law Clerk to the Honorable Brian Duff of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 1985: J.D. from Stanford Law School.
- 1982: A.B. from the University of Chicago.