BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- White House Now Doesn’t Dispute Details of Trump's Call with Army Widow
- Goldman Sachs’ Lloyd Blankfein Just Threw Some Serious Brexit Shade
- Guggenheim Partners ‘Bank Wrecker’ Could Get $100Mn Exit Package
- Proposed Arbitration Rule Change: For Customers Dealing with an Inactive Firm or Associated Person
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Appoints New Associate Regional Director for Examinations in New York Region
The SEC named Thomas Butler as its Associate Regional Director for the Investment Adviser and Investment Company examination program in the agency's New York Regional Office. Mr. Butler is leaving his current position as Director of the SEC's Office of Credit Ratings (OCR), a position he has held since June 2012.
Thomas Butler's Credentials. Butler had been the first Director of the SEC’s Office of Credit Ratings in June 2012, charged with assisting the Commission in executing its responsibility for the oversight of nationally recognized statistical rating organizations. Prior to that appointment, Mr. Butler was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and Citigroup. Prior to Citigroup, he held senior financial advisory and structuring roles at UBS and Babcock & Brown. Mr. Butler began his career as an attorney at two major law firms.
Jessica Kane, Director of the SEC's Office of Municipal Securities, will serve as Acting Director of OCR on an interim basis following Mr. Butler's departure. In turn, Rebecca Olsen, Deputy Director of OMS, will serve as Acting Director of that office while Ms. Kane is assigned to OCR.