BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- North Korean caught secretly mining bitcoin rival
- IPO Timelines Cut by 80% After SEC's Private Filing Decision
- How the Carried Interest Break Survived the Tax Bill
- FINRA: The Neutral Corner
- Coinbasex Says Buying and Selling Temporarily Disabled Amid Price Rout
- Bitcoin plunges by more than a third in a single day
- Goldman Is Setting Up a Cryptocurrency Trading Desk
- Jefferies Lets Employees Choose When to Receive Their Bonuses
- UBS Told to Pay $903K After Losing Retaliation Verdict
- BEWARE: Long Island Iced Tea Shares Soar After Changing Name to Long Blockchain
- Gary Cohn’s Last Laugh: Cashing Out on Trump’s Tax Plan
- E*Trade Lets Customers Trade in CBOE Bitcoin Futures
- Swiss Find Serious Shortcomings at JPMorgan in 1MDB Case
- Washington-based Investment Adviser and His Business Partner Charged in Multi-Million Dollar Scheme
- FINRA Board of Governors Meeting
- Cryptocurrency Market Now Doing Same Daily Volume as the NYSE
- Jailed Barclays Trader Must Pay $400,000 From Libor Profits
- Trump Asks ‘How’s Your 401(k)?’ But Most Voters Don’t Have One
- A Bitcoin Hedge Fund’s Return: 25,004% (That Wasn’t a Typo)
- Madoff Victims Near Full Recovery of Principal With Payout
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Appoints New Associate Regional Director for Examinations in New York Region
The SEC named Thomas Butler as its Associate Regional Director for the Investment Adviser and Investment Company examination program in the agency's New York Regional Office. Mr. Butler is leaving his current position as Director of the SEC's Office of Credit Ratings (OCR), a position he has held since June 2012.
Thomas Butler's Credentials. Butler had been the first Director of the SEC’s Office of Credit Ratings in June 2012, charged with assisting the Commission in executing its responsibility for the oversight of nationally recognized statistical rating organizations. Prior to that appointment, Mr. Butler was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and Citigroup. Prior to Citigroup, he held senior financial advisory and structuring roles at UBS and Babcock & Brown. Mr. Butler began his career as an attorney at two major law firms.
Jessica Kane, Director of the SEC's Office of Municipal Securities, will serve as Acting Director of OCR on an interim basis following Mr. Butler's departure. In turn, Rebecca Olsen, Deputy Director of OMS, will serve as Acting Director of that office while Ms. Kane is assigned to OCR.