BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- CFTC Chair Giancarlo Appoints Bruce Tuckman as Chief Economist
- Twice-Convicted Ex-Jefferies Trader Litvak Faces Prison After Losing Bail Request
- Wells Fargo Hikes Full-Year S&P 500 Target
- SEC Institutes Administrative Proceedings Against Shkreli
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Rules & Regulations
SEC & MSRB to Hold Webinar on Series 50 Exam for Muni Advisors
The SEC and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will hold a joint educational webinar on Thursday afternoon, 6/15. The regulators will provide information on signing up for the MSRB's (Series 50) Municipal Advisor Representative Qualification Exam, preparing to take the Series 50 exam, and fulfilling municipal advisor firms' SEC registration obligations.
Keep in mind that after 9/12/17 only associated persons who have passed the Series 50 exam can engage in municipal advisory activity on behalf of the firm. [See the recent MSRB RegNote for info on this new requirement.]