BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Credit Suisse Fully Compliant on Sanctions: CEO
- Ex-UBS Metals Trader Beats Spoofing Conspiracy Charge
- Investment Advisor, WCAS Management Corp, To Pay Nearly $800K Over Conflicts of Interest
- Altaba, fka Yahoo!, to Pay $35Mn for Failing to Disclose Massive Cybersecurity Breach - SEC
- SEC Formerly Bars Martin Shkreli from Industry
- HF Billionaire Steve Cohen Buying Into Fintech Start-Ups
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Names 3 Senior Officials in Enforcement, Corporate Finance
Robert Evans III Joins SEC Corporate Finance Unit as Deputy Director. Mr. Evans will join Deputy Director Shelley Parratt as a senior advisor to CorpFin Director William Hinman. Most recently, Mr. Evans worked at Shearman & Sterling as a partner in the firm’s capital markets practice. He has experience advising on public and private offerings, securities law compliance, and corporate governance.
Mr. Evans has been a frequent speaker and writer on securities law, compliance, and legal ethics. In addition to his extensive transactional practice, he was a member of the TriBar Opinion Committee, the Working Group on Legal Opinions, the American Law Institute, and Co-Chair of Shearman & Sterling’s Opinion Committee. Mr. Evans received his bachelor’s degree from Harvard College and law degree from Boston University School of Law, both cum laude.
Kathryn Pyszka Named Associate Regional Enforcement Director in Chicago. Ms. Pyszka succeeds Timothy Warren, who retired from the SEC in January. In her new role, Ms. Pyszka will co-lead the Chicago Office’s Enforcement program with Robert Burson, who serves as the office’s other Associate Regional Director for Enforcement.
Ms. Pyszka joined the SEC in 1997 as a staff attorney in Enforcement. She was promoted to branch chief in 1998, and became senior trial counsel in 2000. After a brief time in private practice, she rejoined the SEC as senior trial counsel and was promoted to Assistant Regional Director in 2007. She joined the Division’s Market Abuse Unit in 2010. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Pyszka worked in the private sector in Chicago and served as a law clerk for the Honorable Joe Billy McDade in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Kelly Gibson Named Associate Regional Enforcement Director in Philadelphia. Ms. Gibson succeeds Jeffrey Boujoukos, who became Regional Director of the SEC’s Philadelphia office in January.
Ms. Gibson joined the SEC in 2008 as a staff attorney in Enforcement. When the Division was reorganized in 2010, she joined the Market Abuse Unit. In 2013, she was promoted to Assistant Regional Director. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Gibson worked as a litigation associate for Ballard Spahr Law in Philadelphia, PA.