BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Names 3 Senior Officials in Enforcement, Corporate Finance
Robert Evans III Joins SEC Corporate Finance Unit as Deputy Director. Mr. Evans will join Deputy Director Shelley Parratt as a senior advisor to CorpFin Director William Hinman. Most recently, Mr. Evans worked at Shearman & Sterling as a partner in the firm’s capital markets practice. He has experience advising on public and private offerings, securities law compliance, and corporate governance.
Mr. Evans has been a frequent speaker and writer on securities law, compliance, and legal ethics. In addition to his extensive transactional practice, he was a member of the TriBar Opinion Committee, the Working Group on Legal Opinions, the American Law Institute, and Co-Chair of Shearman & Sterling’s Opinion Committee. Mr. Evans received his bachelor’s degree from Harvard College and law degree from Boston University School of Law, both cum laude.
Kathryn Pyszka Named Associate Regional Enforcement Director in Chicago. Ms. Pyszka succeeds Timothy Warren, who retired from the SEC in January. In her new role, Ms. Pyszka will co-lead the Chicago Office’s Enforcement program with Robert Burson, who serves as the office’s other Associate Regional Director for Enforcement.
Ms. Pyszka joined the SEC in 1997 as a staff attorney in Enforcement. She was promoted to branch chief in 1998, and became senior trial counsel in 2000. After a brief time in private practice, she rejoined the SEC as senior trial counsel and was promoted to Assistant Regional Director in 2007. She joined the Division’s Market Abuse Unit in 2010. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Pyszka worked in the private sector in Chicago and served as a law clerk for the Honorable Joe Billy McDade in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
Kelly Gibson Named Associate Regional Enforcement Director in Philadelphia. Ms. Gibson succeeds Jeffrey Boujoukos, who became Regional Director of the SEC’s Philadelphia office in January.
Ms. Gibson joined the SEC in 2008 as a staff attorney in Enforcement. When the Division was reorganized in 2010, she joined the Market Abuse Unit. In 2013, she was promoted to Assistant Regional Director. Before joining the SEC, Ms. Gibson worked as a litigation associate for Ballard Spahr Law in Philadelphia, PA.