BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Opens Registration for RIA/RIC Compliance Outreach Programs
The SEC has opened registration for its compliance outreach program seminars for investment companies and investment advisers. The seminars will be offered in 4 cities and are geared for CCOs and other senior personnel. The programs are jointly sponsored by SEC’s OCIE, Investment Management Division, and Enforcement’s Asset Management Unit.
Here’s the 2017 schedule for these half-day seminars, along with their agenda topics:
- Portland, OR (5/17): Key exam program initiatives, exam procedures and selection process, and recent trends and issues in the Enforcement Division’s Asset Management Unit.
- New York, NY (6/7): Staff exams and observations, and topics of interest to advisers to private funds.
- Boston, MA (6/13): Key exam program initiatives, typical exam process, and topics of interest to advisers to private funds.
- Chicago, IL (6/13): Key exam program initiatives, exam procedures and selection process, common exam deficiencies, data analytics, and several hot topic panels generally applicable to both small and large firms. This seminar will be webcast.
[Click below link to register; direct questions to: ComplianceOutreach@sec.gov.]