BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Selects Dalia Blass to Head Investment Management Division
The SEC will name Dalia Blass as Director of the Division of Investment Management. Ms. Blass, counsel with Ropes & Gray, had previously served with the SEC, including a stint in the Investment Management division. David Grim, a career SEC attorney, currently serves as acting Director of the division.
Ms. Blass' husband, David Blass, is a partner with Simpson Thacher. Prior to joining the law firm, he served as general counsel for the Investment Company Institute (ICI), the leading mutual fund trade group.
DALIA BLASS PROFILE. According to the Ropes & Gray site, Ms. Blass is a counsel in Ropes & Gray’s investment management practice group. She focuses on advising investment companies, investment advisers, fund sponsors and trustees on a variety of SEC regulatory and compliance matters, with a particular emphasis on ETFs, new investment products and business development companies. Dalia has extensive knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the asset management industry having held senior management positions for over a decade at the SEC’s Division of Investment Management, most recently as assistant chief counsel in the Division’s Chief Counsel office.
According to the LinkedIn site, Ms. Blass served in the following positions prior to her joining Ropes & Gray:
- SEC – Assistant Chief Counsel, Investment Management Div. (11/13 - XXXx)
- SEC – Assistant Director, Investment Management Div. (10/13 – 11/13)
- SEC – Branch Chief, (7/10 – 9/11)
- SEC – Senior Counsel (12/04 – 11/08)
- Shearman & Sterling – Associate (1999 – 2003)
- Columbia University Law – JD (1999)