BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Cyberattack Goes Global, Hits WPP, Rosneft, Maersk
- Deutsche Bank Said to Lose as Much as $60Mn Over Derivative Trade
- Dimon Says JPMorgan Headcount to Keep Rising Despite Automation
- RBS to Cut 443 Jobs In UK, Move Many of Them to India
- Deutsche Bank Bullish on London Despite Brexit
- Supreme Court Nears Finish With Big Cases, Retirement Rumors
- The Richest Person in Every State
- LPL Tabs Scott Seese, Former eBay Exec, as Chief Information Officer
- Fired Biglaw Associate Arrested for Trying to Extort Partners
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Selects Dalia Blass to Head Investment Management Division
The SEC will name Dalia Blass as Director of the Division of Investment Management. Ms. Blass, counsel with Ropes & Gray, had previously served with the SEC, including a stint in the Investment Management division. David Grim, a career SEC attorney, currently serves as acting Director of the division.
Ms. Blass' husband, David Blass, is a partner with Simpson Thacher. Prior to joining the law firm, he served as general counsel for the Investment Company Institute (ICI), the leading mutual fund trade group.
DALIA BLASS PROFILE. According to the Ropes & Gray site, Ms. Blass is a counsel in Ropes & Gray’s investment management practice group. She focuses on advising investment companies, investment advisers, fund sponsors and trustees on a variety of SEC regulatory and compliance matters, with a particular emphasis on ETFs, new investment products and business development companies. Dalia has extensive knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the asset management industry having held senior management positions for over a decade at the SEC’s Division of Investment Management, most recently as assistant chief counsel in the Division’s Chief Counsel office.
According to the LinkedIn site, Ms. Blass served in the following positions prior to her joining Ropes & Gray:
- SEC – Assistant Chief Counsel, Investment Management Div. (11/13 - XXXx)
- SEC – Assistant Director, Investment Management Div. (10/13 – 11/13)
- SEC – Branch Chief, (7/10 – 9/11)
- SEC – Senior Counsel (12/04 – 11/08)
- Shearman & Sterling – Associate (1999 – 2003)
- Columbia University Law – JD (1999)