BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- I Owned Bitcoin For a Weekend and Here's What I Learned
- SEC Appoints New Chair and Board Members to PCAOB
- FINRA, Georgetown Team Up to Deliver 'Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional' Program
- FINRA Board Meeting - This Week's Agenda
- Statement on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings - SEC Chair Clayton
- Company Halts Initial Coin Offering Over SEC Registration Concerns
- Kevin O'Leary Explains One Big Thing People Don't Understand About Bitcoin (But Need To)
- CME Bitcoin Futures: A Better Way to Buy (or Short) Bitcoin?
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
SEC Selects Dalia Blass to Head Investment Management Division
The SEC will name Dalia Blass as Director of the Division of Investment Management. Ms. Blass, counsel with Ropes & Gray, had previously served with the SEC, including a stint in the Investment Management division. David Grim, a career SEC attorney, currently serves as acting Director of the division.
Ms. Blass' husband, David Blass, is a partner with Simpson Thacher. Prior to joining the law firm, he served as general counsel for the Investment Company Institute (ICI), the leading mutual fund trade group.
DALIA BLASS PROFILE. According to the Ropes & Gray site, Ms. Blass is a counsel in Ropes & Gray’s investment management practice group. She focuses on advising investment companies, investment advisers, fund sponsors and trustees on a variety of SEC regulatory and compliance matters, with a particular emphasis on ETFs, new investment products and business development companies. Dalia has extensive knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the asset management industry having held senior management positions for over a decade at the SEC’s Division of Investment Management, most recently as assistant chief counsel in the Division’s Chief Counsel office.
According to the LinkedIn site, Ms. Blass served in the following positions prior to her joining Ropes & Gray:
- SEC – Assistant Chief Counsel, Investment Management Div. (11/13 - XXXx)
- SEC – Assistant Director, Investment Management Div. (10/13 – 11/13)
- SEC – Branch Chief, (7/10 – 9/11)
- SEC – Senior Counsel (12/04 – 11/08)
- Shearman & Sterling – Associate (1999 – 2003)
- Columbia University Law – JD (1999)