BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Stephen Hicks Barred for Defrauding His CT Hedge Funds - SEC
- Barclays CEO Staley Sees Pay Decline - Frankly, He's Lucky to Still be Employed
- Barclays Female Investment Bankers Earn 21% Less in Bonuses than Male Counterparts
- FINRA Eliminates $400 Fee for Explained Arbitration Decision
- SEC Adopts Statement and Interpretive Guidance on Public Company Cybersecurity Disclosures
- SEC Charges Former Bitcoin Exchange and Its Founder With Fraud
- JPMorgan Chase to Replace NYC Headquarters with 70-Story Skyscraper
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Sigal Mandelker Joins Treasury as Head of Counter-Terrorism Unit
Sigal Mandelker, who was overwhelmingly confirmed by the Senate, was sworn in on Monday as Undersecretary of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. Ms. Mandelker joins the U.S. Treasury Department from Proskauer Rose law, where she was a partner.
The Treasury Department's Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence oversees and implements U.S. counter-terrorist financing policy, enforces U.S. sanctions and prevents criminals from abusing the U.S. financial system.
SIGAL MANDELKER PROFILE. According to LinkedIn.com,
- Proskauer Rose LLP - Partner (2009-2017)
A Partner in the NY office, she is a member of the firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations, Appellate, International Practice, and Privacy Groups. Sigal represents individual and corporate clients in connection with government investigations and prosecutions and crisis management, including in connection with white collar criminal defense, SEC and related enforcement matters, internal investigations, FCPA, civil litigation, and the False Claims Act.
- U.S. Department of Justice - Deputy Asst AG (2006–Jan
- Department of Homeland Security - Counselor to the Secretary (2005-2006)
- U.S. Department of Justice - AUSA, Southern District of New York (2004–2005)\
- U.S. Department of Justice - Counsel to the Dep’y AG – (2003–2004)
In addition, according to Wikipedia.com, Ms. Mandelker :
- Clerked for the Honorable Edith Jones (U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit)
- Clerked for the Honorable Clarence Thomas (Supreme Court of the United States)
- Received her BA from the U. of Michigan ('93) and her JD from U. of Pennsylvania ('00)