BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Sigal Mandelker Joins Treasury as Head of Counter-Terrorism Unit
Sigal Mandelker, who was overwhelmingly confirmed by the Senate, was sworn in on Monday as Undersecretary of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. Ms. Mandelker joins the U.S. Treasury Department from Proskauer Rose law, where she was a partner.
The Treasury Department's Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence oversees and implements U.S. counter-terrorist financing policy, enforces U.S. sanctions and prevents criminals from abusing the U.S. financial system.
SIGAL MANDELKER PROFILE. According to LinkedIn.com,
- Proskauer Rose LLP - Partner (2009-2017)
A Partner in the NY office, she is a member of the firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations, Appellate, International Practice, and Privacy Groups. Sigal represents individual and corporate clients in connection with government investigations and prosecutions and crisis management, including in connection with white collar criminal defense, SEC and related enforcement matters, internal investigations, FCPA, civil litigation, and the False Claims Act.
- U.S. Department of Justice - Deputy Asst AG (2006–Jan
- Department of Homeland Security - Counselor to the Secretary (2005-2006)
- U.S. Department of Justice - AUSA, Southern District of New York (2004–2005)\
- U.S. Department of Justice - Counsel to the Dep’y AG – (2003–2004)
In addition, according to Wikipedia.com, Ms. Mandelker :
- Clerked for the Honorable Edith Jones (U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit)
- Clerked for the Honorable Clarence Thomas (Supreme Court of the United States)
- Received her BA from the U. of Michigan ('93) and her JD from U. of Pennsylvania ('00)