BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
- House Passes Bill to Streamline 'Volcker Rule'
- CEO Charged with Penny Stock Fraud - SEC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Sigal Mandelker Joins Treasury as Head of Counter-Terrorism Unit
Sigal Mandelker, who was overwhelmingly confirmed by the Senate, was sworn in on Monday as Undersecretary of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. Ms. Mandelker joins the U.S. Treasury Department from Proskauer Rose law, where she was a partner.
The Treasury Department's Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence oversees and implements U.S. counter-terrorist financing policy, enforces U.S. sanctions and prevents criminals from abusing the U.S. financial system.
SIGAL MANDELKER PROFILE. According to LinkedIn.com,
- Proskauer Rose LLP - Partner (2009-2017)
A Partner in the NY office, she is a member of the firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations, Appellate, International Practice, and Privacy Groups. Sigal represents individual and corporate clients in connection with government investigations and prosecutions and crisis management, including in connection with white collar criminal defense, SEC and related enforcement matters, internal investigations, FCPA, civil litigation, and the False Claims Act.
- U.S. Department of Justice - Deputy Asst AG (2006–Jan
- Department of Homeland Security - Counselor to the Secretary (2005-2006)
- U.S. Department of Justice - AUSA, Southern District of New York (2004–2005)\
- U.S. Department of Justice - Counsel to the Dep’y AG – (2003–2004)
In addition, according to Wikipedia.com, Ms. Mandelker :
- Clerked for the Honorable Edith Jones (U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit)
- Clerked for the Honorable Clarence Thomas (Supreme Court of the United States)
- Received her BA from the U. of Michigan ('93) and her JD from U. of Pennsylvania ('00)