BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- FINRA RegNote 17-40: AML/KYC Requirements Under FINRA Rule 3310
- Trump defends Roy Moore: 'He totally denies it'
- Barclays CEO Staley's New Investment Banking Strategy Falters
- FIFO: Senate Plan Lets Mutual Funds Skip A Tax Change That Hurts Individual Investors
- FINRA Introduces New Functionality and Design to Fund Analyzer
- Oyster Bay, NY, and Former Top Official Charged with Defrauding Muni Investors
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Sigal Mandelker Joins Treasury as Head of Counter-Terrorism Unit
Sigal Mandelker, who was overwhelmingly confirmed by the Senate, was sworn in on Monday as Undersecretary of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. Ms. Mandelker joins the U.S. Treasury Department from Proskauer Rose law, where she was a partner.
The Treasury Department's Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence oversees and implements U.S. counter-terrorist financing policy, enforces U.S. sanctions and prevents criminals from abusing the U.S. financial system.
SIGAL MANDELKER PROFILE. According to LinkedIn.com,
- Proskauer Rose LLP - Partner (2009-2017)
A Partner in the NY office, she is a member of the firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations, Appellate, International Practice, and Privacy Groups. Sigal represents individual and corporate clients in connection with government investigations and prosecutions and crisis management, including in connection with white collar criminal defense, SEC and related enforcement matters, internal investigations, FCPA, civil litigation, and the False Claims Act.
- U.S. Department of Justice - Deputy Asst AG (2006–Jan
- Department of Homeland Security - Counselor to the Secretary (2005-2006)
- U.S. Department of Justice - AUSA, Southern District of New York (2004–2005)\
- U.S. Department of Justice - Counsel to the Dep’y AG – (2003–2004)
In addition, according to Wikipedia.com, Ms. Mandelker :
- Clerked for the Honorable Edith Jones (U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit)
- Clerked for the Honorable Clarence Thomas (Supreme Court of the United States)
- Received her BA from the U. of Michigan ('93) and her JD from U. of Pennsylvania ('00)