BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank Reports Q2 Profit Surge, But Revenue Shortfall
- Deutsche Bank Warns on Outlook as Cryan's Turnaround Slows
- Jeff Bezos Surpasses Bill Gates as World's Richest Person
- Piper Jaffray Posts 2Q Profit
- Raymond James Beats Q3 Earnings on Improved Revenues
- Libor Funeral Set for 2021 - Now to Find a Rreplacement
- Halliburton Paying $29.2 Million to Settle FCPA Violations
- SEC Charges Two Las Vegas-Based Individuals and Their Company in "Prime Bank" Fraud
- Cohn and Yellen are Contenders to Lead the Fed - Trump
- The Boss Wants You Back in the Office
- Bond Trader Barred by FINRA Wins Arbitration for Unpaid Wages - Bill Singer
- How Does this Square with Trump? Putin Puts North Korea Ties Before Missile Threat
- Venture Funds Reach Dot-Com Era Levels (subsc reqd)
- Libor and London Whale Cases Show Hurdles With Foreign Defendants
- Silence Equals Complicity in Workplace Sexism
- Strange Case of Martin Shkreli Is Wrapping Up
- Citi Private Bank Promotes David Bailin to Global Head of Investments
- Billionaire Dan Loeb Bets Big on BlackRock, World's Largest Asset Manager
- Steve Cohen Planning to Launch $20Bn Hedge Fund
- ‘A Bleak Picture’ for Women Trying to Rise at Law Firms
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Sigal Mandelker Joins Treasury as Head of Counter-Terrorism Unit
Sigal Mandelker, who was overwhelmingly confirmed by the Senate, was sworn in on Monday as Undersecretary of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence. Ms. Mandelker joins the U.S. Treasury Department from Proskauer Rose law, where she was a partner.
The Treasury Department's Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence oversees and implements U.S. counter-terrorist financing policy, enforces U.S. sanctions and prevents criminals from abusing the U.S. financial system.
SIGAL MANDELKER PROFILE. According to LinkedIn.com,
- Proskauer Rose LLP - Partner (2009-2017)
A Partner in the NY office, she is a member of the firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations, Appellate, International Practice, and Privacy Groups. Sigal represents individual and corporate clients in connection with government investigations and prosecutions and crisis management, including in connection with white collar criminal defense, SEC and related enforcement matters, internal investigations, FCPA, civil litigation, and the False Claims Act.
- U.S. Department of Justice - Deputy Asst AG (2006–Jan
- Department of Homeland Security - Counselor to the Secretary (2005-2006)
- U.S. Department of Justice - AUSA, Southern District of New York (2004–2005)\
- U.S. Department of Justice - Counsel to the Dep’y AG – (2003–2004)
In addition, according to Wikipedia.com, Ms. Mandelker :
- Clerked for the Honorable Edith Jones (U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit)
- Clerked for the Honorable Clarence Thomas (Supreme Court of the United States)
- Received her BA from the U. of Michigan ('93) and her JD from U. of Pennsylvania ('00)