BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Steven A. Cohen's Giant Penthouse: Priced to Sell at $57.5Mn?
[Photos: Corcoran Real Estate]
by Howard Haykin
Steven A. Cohen, the uber wealthy hedge fund manager is selling his Manhattan duplex penthouse for $57.5 million – exactly half his initial asking price of $115 million, when he first put the apartment on the market in 2013.
Cohen, who apparently has grown tired of his Central Park views, is presently building a homier residence in downtown Manhattan – namely a four-story mansion and six-story apartment building in Greenwich Village.
WHAT’S THIS APARTMENT GOT THAT OTHERS DON’T? Perched near the southeast corner of NYC’s Central Park, all 5 bedrooms and 6 baths in this 9,000 square foot duplex penthouse offer a brilliant panorama of the city’s skyline – by day and by night. The apartment also has a dedicated gallery, which likely suited Cohen’s significant fine arts collection.
Located at One Beacon Court, part of the Bloomberg Tower complex, Mr. Cohen is hoping the apartment is finally priced to sell. Do I hear any counteroffers?