BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
- Saudi Arabia's arrest of Prince Alwaleed 'would be like arresting Warren Buffett or Bill Gates' in the US
- Arrest of Billionaire Saudi Prince Touches Sizable Stakes - Citigroup, Twitter, Lyft
- New York Fed President William Dudley set to announce retirement
- FINRA Arbitration Panel Rules Against ex-LPL Broker in $30Mn Lawsuit vs. Firm
- OOPS! Goldman, JPMorgan, BofA Fail in Pricing an IPO
- Former Merrill Broker Pleads Guilty to Fee Fraud, Faces Up To 25 Years
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Steven A. Cohen's Giant Penthouse: Priced to Sell at $57.5Mn?
[Photos: Corcoran Real Estate]
by Howard Haykin
Steven A. Cohen, the uber wealthy hedge fund manager is selling his Manhattan duplex penthouse for $57.5 million – exactly half his initial asking price of $115 million, when he first put the apartment on the market in 2013.
Cohen, who apparently has grown tired of his Central Park views, is presently building a homier residence in downtown Manhattan – namely a four-story mansion and six-story apartment building in Greenwich Village.
WHAT’S THIS APARTMENT GOT THAT OTHERS DON’T? Perched near the southeast corner of NYC’s Central Park, all 5 bedrooms and 6 baths in this 9,000 square foot duplex penthouse offer a brilliant panorama of the city’s skyline – by day and by night. The apartment also has a dedicated gallery, which likely suited Cohen’s significant fine arts collection.
Located at One Beacon Court, part of the Bloomberg Tower complex, Mr. Cohen is hoping the apartment is finally priced to sell. Do I hear any counteroffers?