BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- ‘A Bleak Picture’ for Women Trying to Rise at Law Firms
- How Golf Superstar Jordan Spieth, 23, Spends Time and Millions
- Goldman Sachs Retreats as a Top Lead Market Maker for ETFs
- In-House Counsels: Top 30 Money-Earners
- Ivanka Trump Retains White Collar Defense Lawyer Abbe Lowell
- Ameriprise Financial Reports Higher Q2 Profits, Revenues
- SEC Announces $2.5 Million Whistleblower Award
- Another Russian Connection for a Trump Nominee - Brian Benczkowski, Picked to Lead DOJ Criminal Division
- 3 From BigLaw Chosen as SDNY Magistrate Judges
- Morgan Stanley Tops Goldman in Market Value for First Time in 10 Years
- Former DOJ Official on Evolution of Corporate Compliance
- T+2 Settlement - FINRA User Acceptance Tests
- LedgerX Approved as Derivative Clearing Organization - CFTC
- Trump, ObamaCare and the Art of the Fail - Peggy Noonan
- Bryan Wood to Head SEC Office of Legislative and Intergov'tal Affairs
- BATS Market Close v. NYSE and Nasdaq
- Inside Scaramucci’s Extreme Loyalty to Trump – William Cohan
- Who President Trump Can Pardon, and Who He Can’t
- Ex-UBS Compliance Officer, Day Trader Deny Insider Trading
- Private Equity’s Big Bets on Financial Tech
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Suni Harford Leaves Citi to Head Investments at UBS Asset Mgmt
UBS Asset Management has a new head of investments - Suni Harford - finally replacing Dawn Fitzpatrick, who left the bank earlier this year to join George Soros' family office as chief investment officer. At UBS, Ms. Harford will oversee about $600 billion and about 500 investment staffers.
BusinessInsider points out the significance of Ms. Harford's hiring - that few women hold executive investment roles with asset management.
SUNI HARFORD'S PROFILE. At Citigroup, Ms. Harford had served as an MD and Regional Head of Markets for North America. In this capacity, she oversees the North American sales, trading, and origination businesses of Citi's securities and banking franchise. Harford is a member of Citi’s Pension Plan Investment Committee, and a Director on the Board of Citibank Canada. Harford also serves as a director on the Board of Directors for both SIFMA and DTCC.
During Ms. Harford's 24-year career at Citi/Salomon Brothers, she's had the pleasure of serving as Global Head of Fixed Income Research and the Co-Head of Fixed Income Capital Markets Origination, where she led an advisory team focused on financial institutions. From 2010 - 2014, Harford was the co head of Citi’s global women’s initiative, Citi Women.
Ms. Harford serves on several non-profit Boards, including Friends of Hudson River Park, Taproot Foundation, and The Forte Foundation. Harford is also passionate about awareness and support for our veteran community, and represents Citi as a founding member of Veterans on Wall Street, a coalition of major financial services firms established in 2010 to engage the broader industry in efforts to support our transitioning veterans.
Ms. Harford received her BS degree from Denison University, and her MBA from The Tuck School at Dartmouth.