BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- FINRA RegNote 17-40: AML/KYC Requirements Under FINRA Rule 3310
- Trump defends Roy Moore: 'He totally denies it'
- Barclays CEO Staley's New Investment Banking Strategy Falters
- FIFO: Senate Plan Lets Mutual Funds Skip A Tax Change That Hurts Individual Investors
- FINRA Introduces New Functionality and Design to Fund Analyzer
- Oyster Bay, NY, and Former Top Official Charged with Defrauding Muni Investors
- State Street Challenging BNY Mellon As Largest Custody Bank
- Changes to FINRA Advisory Committees: Phase 1
- SEC Approves CAT Fee Dispute Resolution Process
- Boston-Area Consultant & Friend Settle SEC Insider Trading Charges
- SEC Chair Clayton: Statement on Status of the Consolidated Audit Trail ('CAT')
- Goldman to Launch $5bn Fund with China Investment Corp.
- Wells Fargo Launches Robo-Adviser Targeting Millenial Investors
- Barclays Fails to End U.S. 'Dark Pool' Class Action
- Goldman Sachs' Chief Risk Officer, Craig Broderick, to Retire
- Time to Renew FINRA Registrations - B/D, IA, Agent, IA Rep, Branches
- New Jersey’s Next Governor Could Be a Democrat Who Worked at Goldman Sachs
- FINRA New York Region Networking Seminar - December 1st
- SEC Approves “Pay-to-Play” and Related Rules for Capital Acquisition Brokers
- Hedge Fund Giant Paul Singer Targeted for Destruction by Steve Bannon
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Suni Harford Leaves Citi to Head Investments at UBS Asset Mgmt
UBS Asset Management has a new head of investments - Suni Harford - finally replacing Dawn Fitzpatrick, who left the bank earlier this year to join George Soros' family office as chief investment officer. At UBS, Ms. Harford will oversee about $600 billion and about 500 investment staffers.
BusinessInsider points out the significance of Ms. Harford's hiring - that few women hold executive investment roles with asset management.
SUNI HARFORD'S PROFILE. At Citigroup, Ms. Harford had served as an MD and Regional Head of Markets for North America. In this capacity, she oversees the North American sales, trading, and origination businesses of Citi's securities and banking franchise. Harford is a member of Citi’s Pension Plan Investment Committee, and a Director on the Board of Citibank Canada. Harford also serves as a director on the Board of Directors for both SIFMA and DTCC.
During Ms. Harford's 24-year career at Citi/Salomon Brothers, she's had the pleasure of serving as Global Head of Fixed Income Research and the Co-Head of Fixed Income Capital Markets Origination, where she led an advisory team focused on financial institutions. From 2010 - 2014, Harford was the co head of Citi’s global women’s initiative, Citi Women.
Ms. Harford serves on several non-profit Boards, including Friends of Hudson River Park, Taproot Foundation, and The Forte Foundation. Harford is also passionate about awareness and support for our veteran community, and represents Citi as a founding member of Veterans on Wall Street, a coalition of major financial services firms established in 2010 to engage the broader industry in efforts to support our transitioning veterans.
Ms. Harford received her BS degree from Denison University, and her MBA from The Tuck School at Dartmouth.