BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
- CFTC Commissioner Quintenz Named Sponsor of the Technology Advisory Committee
- Harbour and Geneos Customers Win FINRA Arbitration Against Stockbroker - Bill Singer
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- At Jefferies, Like Wall Street, Trading Cedes to Banking
- Ex-SAC Trader Who Pleaded Guilty to Insider Trading Just Remembered He’s Innocent
- JPMorgan Turns to Amazon for Retail 'Customer Experience'
- Goldman Sachs Names Ken Hitchner as New Chairman for Asia Pacific
- Judge All but Tosses SEC Case Against ‘Rogue’ Trader And Ex-FBI Informant Guy Gentile
- 'Boys are #1 Among NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Fake Tax Returns - Your Next Worry After the Equifax Breach
- FINRA DR Recruiting Arbitrators, Mediators at Congressional Black Caucus Conference
- JPMORGAN: Here's who we think will replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire Hathaway
- Mueller to Search Facebook for Russia-Linked Accounts
- Mark Gomes, Market Analyst and Trade Scalper Settles with SEC
- Equifax Waives Credit Lock Fees For Consumers, Amid Criticism
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Suni Harford Leaves Citi to Head Investments at UBS Asset Mgmt
UBS Asset Management has a new head of investments - Suni Harford - finally replacing Dawn Fitzpatrick, who left the bank earlier this year to join George Soros' family office as chief investment officer. At UBS, Ms. Harford will oversee about $600 billion and about 500 investment staffers.
BusinessInsider points out the significance of Ms. Harford's hiring - that few women hold executive investment roles with asset management.
SUNI HARFORD'S PROFILE. At Citigroup, Ms. Harford had served as an MD and Regional Head of Markets for North America. In this capacity, she oversees the North American sales, trading, and origination businesses of Citi's securities and banking franchise. Harford is a member of Citi’s Pension Plan Investment Committee, and a Director on the Board of Citibank Canada. Harford also serves as a director on the Board of Directors for both SIFMA and DTCC.
During Ms. Harford's 24-year career at Citi/Salomon Brothers, she's had the pleasure of serving as Global Head of Fixed Income Research and the Co-Head of Fixed Income Capital Markets Origination, where she led an advisory team focused on financial institutions. From 2010 - 2014, Harford was the co head of Citi’s global women’s initiative, Citi Women.
Ms. Harford serves on several non-profit Boards, including Friends of Hudson River Park, Taproot Foundation, and The Forte Foundation. Harford is also passionate about awareness and support for our veteran community, and represents Citi as a founding member of Veterans on Wall Street, a coalition of major financial services firms established in 2010 to engage the broader industry in efforts to support our transitioning veterans.
Ms. Harford received her BS degree from Denison University, and her MBA from The Tuck School at Dartmouth.