BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Bitcoin Blows Past $2,500, $2,600, and $2,700
- 7-Point Checklist for Financial Services Firms to Protect Against Cyber Attacks - Michael Chertoff
- Reflections from FINRA Annual Conference - FINRA CEO Robert Cook
- Wells Fargo Advisors Creates New Mutual Fund Class for Fiduciary Rule
- HUD Sec'y Ben Carson: ‘Poverty is a State of Mind’ - Sheesh!
- Toronto-Dominion Posts Q2 Profit
- Deutsche Bank, Barclays Euribor Traders' Trial Delayed to 2018
- U.K.'s May to Raise Intel Leaks With Trump as Ties at Risk
- Piper's Andrew Duff is New FINRA Governor, As Expected
- Deutsche Bank Said Near Fed Deal on Russia; DOJ Probe Looms
- Status of SEC Administrative Law Judges Still In Doubt Following Denver Appeals Panel Ruling
- First Advertiser Pulls Ads from Sean Hannity’s Fox News Show
- Fate of Elizabeth Warren’s CFPB to be Decided by Legal Showdown
- CME Chair and CEO Terrence Duffy Suffers Collapsed Lung (WSJ Subsc)
- Photos from Trump's Visit With Pope Francis at The Vatican
- U.K. Scolds U.S. ‘Friends’ For Leaking Manchester Bomb Intelligence
- Trump to Retain Private Attorney Marc Kasowitz in Russia Investigation
- Pope Asks Trump to be Peacemaker, Gives Him Environmental Letter
- Bitcoin Hits All-Time High Above $2,400
- 'Soup Nazi' Company Executive Indicted for U.S. Tax Evasion
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Suni Harford Leaves Citi to Head Investments at UBS Asset Mgmt
UBS Asset Management has a new head of investments - Suni Harford - finally replacing Dawn Fitzpatrick, who left the bank earlier this year to join George Soros' family office as chief investment officer. At UBS, Ms. Harford will oversee about $600 billion and about 500 investment staffers.
BusinessInsider points out the significance of Ms. Harford's hiring - that few women hold executive investment roles with asset management.
SUNI HARFORD'S PROFILE. At Citigroup, Ms. Harford had served as an MD and Regional Head of Markets for North America. In this capacity, she oversees the North American sales, trading, and origination businesses of Citi's securities and banking franchise. Harford is a member of Citi’s Pension Plan Investment Committee, and a Director on the Board of Citibank Canada. Harford also serves as a director on the Board of Directors for both SIFMA and DTCC.
During Ms. Harford's 24-year career at Citi/Salomon Brothers, she's had the pleasure of serving as Global Head of Fixed Income Research and the Co-Head of Fixed Income Capital Markets Origination, where she led an advisory team focused on financial institutions. From 2010 - 2014, Harford was the co head of Citi’s global women’s initiative, Citi Women.
Ms. Harford serves on several non-profit Boards, including Friends of Hudson River Park, Taproot Foundation, and The Forte Foundation. Harford is also passionate about awareness and support for our veteran community, and represents Citi as a founding member of Veterans on Wall Street, a coalition of major financial services firms established in 2010 to engage the broader industry in efforts to support our transitioning veterans.
Ms. Harford received her BS degree from Denison University, and her MBA from The Tuck School at Dartmouth.