BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Suni Harford Leaves Citi to Head Investments at UBS Asset Mgmt
UBS Asset Management has a new head of investments - Suni Harford - finally replacing Dawn Fitzpatrick, who left the bank earlier this year to join George Soros' family office as chief investment officer. At UBS, Ms. Harford will oversee about $600 billion and about 500 investment staffers.
BusinessInsider points out the significance of Ms. Harford's hiring - that few women hold executive investment roles with asset management.
SUNI HARFORD'S PROFILE. At Citigroup, Ms. Harford had served as an MD and Regional Head of Markets for North America. In this capacity, she oversees the North American sales, trading, and origination businesses of Citi's securities and banking franchise. Harford is a member of Citi’s Pension Plan Investment Committee, and a Director on the Board of Citibank Canada. Harford also serves as a director on the Board of Directors for both SIFMA and DTCC.
During Ms. Harford's 24-year career at Citi/Salomon Brothers, she's had the pleasure of serving as Global Head of Fixed Income Research and the Co-Head of Fixed Income Capital Markets Origination, where she led an advisory team focused on financial institutions. From 2010 - 2014, Harford was the co head of Citi’s global women’s initiative, Citi Women.
Ms. Harford serves on several non-profit Boards, including Friends of Hudson River Park, Taproot Foundation, and The Forte Foundation. Harford is also passionate about awareness and support for our veteran community, and represents Citi as a founding member of Veterans on Wall Street, a coalition of major financial services firms established in 2010 to engage the broader industry in efforts to support our transitioning veterans.
Ms. Harford received her BS degree from Denison University, and her MBA from The Tuck School at Dartmouth.