BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
- BigLaw Hogan Lovells Announces Hundreds of Buyouts, Layoffs - Almost 500 Affected
- Faith-Based Advisor Censured for Selling Class A Shares to Clergy
- After FINRA Bar, CFP Board Suspends Texas Advisor
- iCapital Network to Acquire U.S. Private Equity Access Fund Platform from Deutsche Bank
- Deutsche Bank ‘Beyond Repair’ as Trading Drops - Autonomous Research
- Guggenheim Partners CEO Might Step Down
- Wachovia Customer Sues Wells Fargo Over FundSource Losses - Bill Singer
- Credit Downgrade for Wells Fargo Due to Fake Account Scandal
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
The Mooch to Finally Join the Trump Administration – In Paris
Anthony ‘The Mooch’ Scaramucci, a Wall Street hedge fund entrepreneur, had been an ardent campaign supporter of Donald Trump and he served on the President’s transition team. In January 2017, The Mooch unloaded his stake in SkyBridge Capital, a company he founded - in anticipation of an appointment to the White House Office of Public Engagement. Yet, the call never came from Washington.
Despite the obvious disappointment, Mr. Scaramucci stayed on track in his support of the new President. On Thursday, that patience apparently paid off, as Donald Trump decided to appoint Scaramucci as U.S. Ambassador to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD. The position is based in Paris and requires Senate confirmation.
THE OECD. The U.S. and almost 3 dozen other countries are members of the OECD, including the U.K., Germany, Turkey, Japan, Mexico and Israel. Founded in 1961, the OECD is headquartered in Paris. The OECD aims to “promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world,” according to its mission statement.