BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
The Mooch to Finally Join the Trump Administration – In Paris
Anthony ‘The Mooch’ Scaramucci, a Wall Street hedge fund entrepreneur, had been an ardent campaign supporter of Donald Trump and he served on the President’s transition team. In January 2017, The Mooch unloaded his stake in SkyBridge Capital, a company he founded - in anticipation of an appointment to the White House Office of Public Engagement. Yet, the call never came from Washington.
Despite the obvious disappointment, Mr. Scaramucci stayed on track in his support of the new President. On Thursday, that patience apparently paid off, as Donald Trump decided to appoint Scaramucci as U.S. Ambassador to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD. The position is based in Paris and requires Senate confirmation.
THE OECD. The U.S. and almost 3 dozen other countries are members of the OECD, including the U.K., Germany, Turkey, Japan, Mexico and Israel. Founded in 1961, the OECD is headquartered in Paris. The OECD aims to “promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world,” according to its mission statement.