BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- CFTC Chair Giancarlo Appoints Bruce Tuckman as Chief Economist
- Twice-Convicted Ex-Jefferies Trader Litvak Faces Prison After Losing Bail Request
- Wells Fargo Hikes Full-Year S&P 500 Target
- SEC Institutes Administrative Proceedings Against Shkreli
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
The Mooch to Finally Join the Trump Administration – In Paris
Anthony ‘The Mooch’ Scaramucci, a Wall Street hedge fund entrepreneur, had been an ardent campaign supporter of Donald Trump and he served on the President’s transition team. In January 2017, The Mooch unloaded his stake in SkyBridge Capital, a company he founded - in anticipation of an appointment to the White House Office of Public Engagement. Yet, the call never came from Washington.
Despite the obvious disappointment, Mr. Scaramucci stayed on track in his support of the new President. On Thursday, that patience apparently paid off, as Donald Trump decided to appoint Scaramucci as U.S. Ambassador to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD. The position is based in Paris and requires Senate confirmation.
THE OECD. The U.S. and almost 3 dozen other countries are members of the OECD, including the U.K., Germany, Turkey, Japan, Mexico and Israel. Founded in 1961, the OECD is headquartered in Paris. The OECD aims to “promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world,” according to its mission statement.