BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- I Owned Bitcoin For a Weekend and Here's What I Learned
- SEC Appoints New Chair and Board Members to PCAOB
- FINRA, Georgetown Team Up to Deliver 'Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional' Program
- FINRA Board Meeting - This Week's Agenda
- Statement on Cryptocurrencies and Initial Coin Offerings - SEC Chair Clayton
- Company Halts Initial Coin Offering Over SEC Registration Concerns
- Kevin O'Leary Explains One Big Thing People Don't Understand About Bitcoin (But Need To)
- CME Bitcoin Futures: A Better Way to Buy (or Short) Bitcoin?
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
The Mooch to Finally Join the Trump Administration – In Paris
Anthony ‘The Mooch’ Scaramucci, a Wall Street hedge fund entrepreneur, had been an ardent campaign supporter of Donald Trump and he served on the President’s transition team. In January 2017, The Mooch unloaded his stake in SkyBridge Capital, a company he founded - in anticipation of an appointment to the White House Office of Public Engagement. Yet, the call never came from Washington.
Despite the obvious disappointment, Mr. Scaramucci stayed on track in his support of the new President. On Thursday, that patience apparently paid off, as Donald Trump decided to appoint Scaramucci as U.S. Ambassador to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD. The position is based in Paris and requires Senate confirmation.
THE OECD. The U.S. and almost 3 dozen other countries are members of the OECD, including the U.K., Germany, Turkey, Japan, Mexico and Israel. Founded in 1961, the OECD is headquartered in Paris. The OECD aims to “promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world,” according to its mission statement.