BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- White House Now Doesn’t Dispute Details of Trump's Call with Army Widow
- Goldman Sachs’ Lloyd Blankfein Just Threw Some Serious Brexit Shade
- Guggenheim Partners ‘Bank Wrecker’ Could Get $100Mn Exit Package
- Proposed Arbitration Rule Change: For Customers Dealing with an Inactive Firm or Associated Person
- This Family Bet It All on Bitcoin
- Clearinghouses Pass CFTC Liquidity Stress Tests
- President Trump Admits He’s Trying to Kill Obamacare. That’s Illegal.
- Trump Plunges Down List of ‘America’s Richest’
- Is Trump’s “Foreclosure King” in Over His Head?
- FBI Arrests NCAA Basketball Coaches and Adidas Rep in Bribery Probe Involving Recruitment
- Equifax CEO Steps Down Amid Hacking Scandal
- Litigation Costs to Rub Salt in RBS Investor Wounds
- RIAs Poised to Land Wirehouse Recruits - Dan Jamieson
- Citibank and U.K. Affiliate to Pay $550K Penalty for Swap Data Reporting Violations - CFTC
- AIG to Restructure into 3 New Units, Marking CEO's First Big Move
- Accounting Firm Deloitte Says It Suffered Cyberattack (subsc reqd)
- Upcoming FINRA Board Meeting and FINRA360 Update
- Elizabeth Warren Lifts Hold on Trump DOJ Antitrust Nominee
- Bigger Mergers Narrow Indy Reps' Options, Alter IBD Channel - Dan Jamieson
- Dentons to Merge with U.K.'s Murray & Spens
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Trump Nominates Goldman's Donovan as Deputy Treasury Secretary
Another Goldman Sachs executive is headed for Washington to join the Trump administration – Jim Donovan will be nominiated to serve as deputy secretary of the Treasury. He must first be confirmed by the Senate.
The deputy secretary of the Treasury often has a broad portfolio, working with Congress, industry groups and the Treasury Department’s rank and file to advance the administration’s agenda and to make sure operations are running properly.
Jim Donovan joined … Goldman Sachs in 1993 straight out of Harvard Law, and has remained there for the past 24 years. Prior to receiving his law degree, Donovan received a BS in engineering and an MBA from MIT. He is currently a managing director with Goldman’s private wealth management division. Mr. Donovan is an Adjunct Professor at University of Virginia, and is politically active – having supported Mitt Romney and later Jeb Bush in their respective runs for the White Hosue.
At the Treasury, Donovan will be working for Goldman alumnus Steven Mnuchin, who is the Treasury Secretary.
Trump Selects Other Nominees for the Treasury.
- David Malpass as undersecretary for international affairs.
- Adam Lerrick as deputy undersecretary for international finance.
- Sigal Mandelker, as undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.
- Brent James McIntosh, as Treasury’s general counsel.
- Andrew ”Drew“ Maloney as deputy undersecretary of the Treasury for Legislative Affairs.