BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
- Janney Montgomery Scott CEO Joins FINRA Board of Governors
- SEC Encourages Investors to Do Background Checks on Investor.gov
- The Martin Act: Wall Street Titan Takes Aim at Law That Tripped Him Up
- Bank of America’s Cost-Cutting Drive Pushes Profit to Record
- Larry Fink: Wall Street’s $6 Trillion Man Finally Worth $1Bn
- Activist Investor Wants Barclays Investment Banking Overhaul (Video)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Trump Nominates Goldman's Donovan as Deputy Treasury Secretary
Another Goldman Sachs executive is headed for Washington to join the Trump administration – Jim Donovan will be nominiated to serve as deputy secretary of the Treasury. He must first be confirmed by the Senate.
The deputy secretary of the Treasury often has a broad portfolio, working with Congress, industry groups and the Treasury Department’s rank and file to advance the administration’s agenda and to make sure operations are running properly.
Jim Donovan joined … Goldman Sachs in 1993 straight out of Harvard Law, and has remained there for the past 24 years. Prior to receiving his law degree, Donovan received a BS in engineering and an MBA from MIT. He is currently a managing director with Goldman’s private wealth management division. Mr. Donovan is an Adjunct Professor at University of Virginia, and is politically active – having supported Mitt Romney and later Jeb Bush in their respective runs for the White Hosue.
At the Treasury, Donovan will be working for Goldman alumnus Steven Mnuchin, who is the Treasury Secretary.
Trump Selects Other Nominees for the Treasury.
- David Malpass as undersecretary for international affairs.
- Adam Lerrick as deputy undersecretary for international finance.
- Sigal Mandelker, as undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.
- Brent James McIntosh, as Treasury’s general counsel.
- Andrew ”Drew“ Maloney as deputy undersecretary of the Treasury for Legislative Affairs.