BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Goldman's Lloyd Blankfein Seems to be Making a Habit Out of Trolling Trump
- Goldman on Hunt for Star Traders to Revive Struggling Commodities Unit
- Yahoo Owes Millions for Busting NCAA Tourney Bracket Deal
- JPMorgan Joins 21st Century Fox in Fighting 'Deep Divisions Across Our Country'
- Please, God, Save Gary Cohn From Himself: The Case for Resigning
- Regulatory Considerations When Bringing on a New Advisor
- Why Deutsche Bank is at Mercy of Regulators
- U.S. Treasury Auction Class-Action – Federal Judge Causes Interminable Delay
- Mnuchin Rejects Calls to Resign and Defends Trump
- Best Time to Go to the U.S. (Tennis) Open Tourney - Before It Starts on August 28
- Stifel Prevails in Arbitration But Ex-Hilltop Employees Hit with Awards - Bill Singer
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Trump Nominates Goldman's Donovan as Deputy Treasury Secretary
Another Goldman Sachs executive is headed for Washington to join the Trump administration – Jim Donovan will be nominiated to serve as deputy secretary of the Treasury. He must first be confirmed by the Senate.
The deputy secretary of the Treasury often has a broad portfolio, working with Congress, industry groups and the Treasury Department’s rank and file to advance the administration’s agenda and to make sure operations are running properly.
Jim Donovan joined … Goldman Sachs in 1993 straight out of Harvard Law, and has remained there for the past 24 years. Prior to receiving his law degree, Donovan received a BS in engineering and an MBA from MIT. He is currently a managing director with Goldman’s private wealth management division. Mr. Donovan is an Adjunct Professor at University of Virginia, and is politically active – having supported Mitt Romney and later Jeb Bush in their respective runs for the White Hosue.
At the Treasury, Donovan will be working for Goldman alumnus Steven Mnuchin, who is the Treasury Secretary.
Trump Selects Other Nominees for the Treasury.
- David Malpass as undersecretary for international affairs.
- Adam Lerrick as deputy undersecretary for international finance.
- Sigal Mandelker, as undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.
- Brent James McIntosh, as Treasury’s general counsel.
- Andrew ”Drew“ Maloney as deputy undersecretary of the Treasury for Legislative Affairs.