BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Trump Nominates Goldman's Donovan as Deputy Treasury Secretary
Another Goldman Sachs executive is headed for Washington to join the Trump administration – Jim Donovan will be nominiated to serve as deputy secretary of the Treasury. He must first be confirmed by the Senate.
The deputy secretary of the Treasury often has a broad portfolio, working with Congress, industry groups and the Treasury Department’s rank and file to advance the administration’s agenda and to make sure operations are running properly.
Jim Donovan joined … Goldman Sachs in 1993 straight out of Harvard Law, and has remained there for the past 24 years. Prior to receiving his law degree, Donovan received a BS in engineering and an MBA from MIT. He is currently a managing director with Goldman’s private wealth management division. Mr. Donovan is an Adjunct Professor at University of Virginia, and is politically active – having supported Mitt Romney and later Jeb Bush in their respective runs for the White Hosue.
At the Treasury, Donovan will be working for Goldman alumnus Steven Mnuchin, who is the Treasury Secretary.
Trump Selects Other Nominees for the Treasury.
- David Malpass as undersecretary for international affairs.
- Adam Lerrick as deputy undersecretary for international finance.
- Sigal Mandelker, as undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.
- Brent James McIntosh, as Treasury’s general counsel.
- Andrew ”Drew“ Maloney as deputy undersecretary of the Treasury for Legislative Affairs.