BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Citigroup Raises CEO Corbat's Pay 48% to $23Mn
- Should Congress Create a Crypto-Cop?
- JPMorgan Weighs Buying an Exchange-Traded Funds Firm
- Hey, Goldman Sachs: Wanna Buy BNY Mellon?
- SEC Order Rejecting Acquisition of Chicago Stock Exchange (CSX) by Chinese-Baesd Company
- Kyle Moffatt Named Chief Accountant in SEC CorpFinance
- SEC Suspends Trading in 3 Issuers Claiming Involvement in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
- Karen Garnett, Assoc. Director of SEC CorpFinance, to Leave After 23 Years of Service
- Louisiana Adviser Barred for Hiding Losses from Investors
- Connecticut HF Manager Illegally Diverted Investor Money - Now Owes Nearly $13Mn
- White House Cleaning House of Advisors Without Full Security Clearance
- Goldman Projects 30% Growth in Wealth Management Advisor Force
- Whistleblower Alleges Manipulation of CBOE Volatility Index
- FINRA Looking Into VIX (CBOE Volatility Index) Manipulation: WSJ
- Atlanta-Area Resident Charged with Misusing Investor Funds - SEC
- FINRA Announces 2018 West Region Networking Seminar
- Alberto Arevalo, Associate Director in Office of International Affairs, to Retire From SEC
- A Culprit for Financial Site Glitches: You and Your Apps
- Investor Protection, Capital Formation and Market Integrity Are Top Priorities in SEC Budget Request
- We Must Stop Out-Of-Control Trading or U.S. Capitalist System Will Break Down - Dick Bove
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Trump Nominates Goldman's Donovan as Deputy Treasury Secretary
Another Goldman Sachs executive is headed for Washington to join the Trump administration – Jim Donovan will be nominiated to serve as deputy secretary of the Treasury. He must first be confirmed by the Senate.
The deputy secretary of the Treasury often has a broad portfolio, working with Congress, industry groups and the Treasury Department’s rank and file to advance the administration’s agenda and to make sure operations are running properly.
Jim Donovan joined … Goldman Sachs in 1993 straight out of Harvard Law, and has remained there for the past 24 years. Prior to receiving his law degree, Donovan received a BS in engineering and an MBA from MIT. He is currently a managing director with Goldman’s private wealth management division. Mr. Donovan is an Adjunct Professor at University of Virginia, and is politically active – having supported Mitt Romney and later Jeb Bush in their respective runs for the White Hosue.
At the Treasury, Donovan will be working for Goldman alumnus Steven Mnuchin, who is the Treasury Secretary.
Trump Selects Other Nominees for the Treasury.
- David Malpass as undersecretary for international affairs.
- Adam Lerrick as deputy undersecretary for international finance.
- Sigal Mandelker, as undersecretary of the Treasury for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.
- Brent James McIntosh, as Treasury’s general counsel.
- Andrew ”Drew“ Maloney as deputy undersecretary of the Treasury for Legislative Affairs.