BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Sarah ten Siethoff is New Associate Director of SEC Investment Management Rulemaking Office
- Catherine Keating Appointed CEO of BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Credit Suisse to Pay $47Mn to Resolve DOJ Asia Probe
- SEC Chair Clayton Goes 'Hat in Hand' Before Congress on 2019 Budget Request
- SEC's Opening Remarks to the Elder Justice Coordinating Council
- Massachusetts Jury Convicts CA Attorney of Securities Fraud
- Deutsche Bank Says 3 Senior Investment Bankers to Leave Firm
- World’s Biggest Hedge Fund Reportedly ‘Bearish On Financial Assets’
- SEC Fines Constant Contact, Popular Email Marketer, for Overstating Subscriber Numbers
- SocGen Agrees to Pay $1.3 Billion to End Libya, Libor Probes
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Bitfinex Briefly Halts Trading After Cyber Attack
- SEC Names Valerie Szczepanik Senior Advisor for Digital Assets and Innovation
- SEC Modernizes Delivery of Fund Reports, Seeks Public Feedback on Improving Fund Disclosure
- NYSE Says SEC Plan to Limit Exchange Rebates Would Hurt Investors
- Deutsche Bank faces another challenge with Fed stress test
- Former JPMorgan Broker Files racial discrimination suit against company
- $3.3Mn Winning Bid for Lunch with Warren Buffett
- Julie Erhardt is SEC's New Acting Chief Risk Officer
- Chyhe Becker is SEC's New Acting Chief Economist, Acting Director of Economic and Risk Analysis Division
- Getting a Handle on Virtual Currencies - FINRA
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wells Fargo Names New Co-Heads for Securities Division
Walter Dolhare and Robert Engel were appointed to be the new co-heads of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) - the company’s capital markets, sales and trading, and investment banking business. The press release comes 2 business days after the bank announced that David Carroll would retire as head of the bank’s wealth and investment management division, and that Jonathan Weiss would take his place. The WFS appointments take effect 7/1/17.
Dolhare and Engel are long-time senior leaders in Wells Fargo Securities, with Dolhare serving as head of the Markets Division and Engel as head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets. They'll remain based in Charlotte, NC, and report to Perry Pelos, head of Wholesale Banking.
WALTER DOLHARE PROFILE. Dolhare currently serves as head of the WFS Markets Division of WFS and Wells Fargo Securities Int'l; he previously was Head of Fixed Income Sales for WFS. Dolhare, who has over 20 years experience in the capital markets, joined First Union Securities, a predecessor to Wachovia Securities, in 1995 and has served in numerous sales management and leadership roles before assuming his current role in 2004.
As head of the Markets Division, he's responsible for the domestic and international strategy and management of the firm’s market-leading trading and securities businesses. Dolhare serves in leadership roles on boards for several Wells Fargo subsidiaries, industry associations and nonprofits, including the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), the McColl Center for Art and Innovation, and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
ROBERT 'ROB' ENGEL PROFILE. Engel currently serves as head of the MFS Investment Banking and Capital Markets. He joined Wells Fargo as head of M&A in 2005, became co-head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets in 2008, and assumed his current role in 2014. He has more than 30 years of investment banking experience. Prior to joining Wells Fargo, Rob ran M&A and Restructuring for Gleacher Partners in New York and London. Before that, he had worked at merchant bank Morgan Grenfell. Rob takes an active interest in the community, serving on the boards of the Charlotte Center City Partners, Thurgood Marshall Foundation, Opera Carolina, Westminster Kennel Club Foundation, and St. Paul’s School in London.