BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- New Cyberattack Goes Global, Hits WPP, Rosneft, Maersk
- Deutsche Bank Said to Lose as Much as $60Mn Over Derivative Trade
- Dimon Says JPMorgan Headcount to Keep Rising Despite Automation
- RBS to Cut 443 Jobs In UK, Move Many of Them to India
- Deutsche Bank Bullish on London Despite Brexit
- Supreme Court Nears Finish With Big Cases, Retirement Rumors
- The Richest Person in Every State
- LPL Tabs Scott Seese, Former eBay Exec, as Chief Information Officer
- Fired Biglaw Associate Arrested for Trying to Extort Partners
- Canada's CIBC Completes $5Bn PrivateBancorp Buy
- Word ‘Women’ Literally Never Appears in U.S. Senate’s 142-Page Health-Care Bill
- Stephen Pierce, Goldman Sachs Global Head of Equity Markets, To Retire
- Al Gore 'Not Very Smart,’ But Became Filthy Rich Using Simple Investing Formula - Charlie Munger
- U.S. Regulators, Lawmakers Support Volcker Rule Revamp at Hearing
- Morgan Stanley Opts for Frankfurt as New EU Hub
- A New Risk for Goldman, Morgan Stanley in Stress Tests (subsc reqd)
- A Trump Bump for Law Firm of President’s Lawyer - Kasowitz Benson Torres
- JPMorgan, BofA, Goldman, Citi, Wells Fargo Pass Fed's Stress Test
- Blackstone Stock Still Trading at $31 - Its IPO Price From 10 Years Ago
- NJ Resident and NY-Based Global FX Club Charged with Solicitation Fraud, Misappropriation - CFTC
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wells Fargo Names New Co-Heads for Securities Division
Walter Dolhare and Robert Engel were appointed to be the new co-heads of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) - the company’s capital markets, sales and trading, and investment banking business. The press release comes 2 business days after the bank announced that David Carroll would retire as head of the bank’s wealth and investment management division, and that Jonathan Weiss would take his place. The WFS appointments take effect 7/1/17.
Dolhare and Engel are long-time senior leaders in Wells Fargo Securities, with Dolhare serving as head of the Markets Division and Engel as head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets. They'll remain based in Charlotte, NC, and report to Perry Pelos, head of Wholesale Banking.
WALTER DOLHARE PROFILE. Dolhare currently serves as head of the WFS Markets Division of WFS and Wells Fargo Securities Int'l; he previously was Head of Fixed Income Sales for WFS. Dolhare, who has over 20 years experience in the capital markets, joined First Union Securities, a predecessor to Wachovia Securities, in 1995 and has served in numerous sales management and leadership roles before assuming his current role in 2004.
As head of the Markets Division, he's responsible for the domestic and international strategy and management of the firm’s market-leading trading and securities businesses. Dolhare serves in leadership roles on boards for several Wells Fargo subsidiaries, industry associations and nonprofits, including the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), the McColl Center for Art and Innovation, and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
ROBERT 'ROB' ENGEL PROFILE. Engel currently serves as head of the MFS Investment Banking and Capital Markets. He joined Wells Fargo as head of M&A in 2005, became co-head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets in 2008, and assumed his current role in 2014. He has more than 30 years of investment banking experience. Prior to joining Wells Fargo, Rob ran M&A and Restructuring for Gleacher Partners in New York and London. Before that, he had worked at merchant bank Morgan Grenfell. Rob takes an active interest in the community, serving on the boards of the Charlotte Center City Partners, Thurgood Marshall Foundation, Opera Carolina, Westminster Kennel Club Foundation, and St. Paul’s School in London.