BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Deutsche Bank Is Weighing Massive Cuts in Its U.S. Cash Equities Unit
- Richard Jenrette, Co-Founder of DLJ Investment Bank, Dies at 89
- Goldman Sachs Makes First Hire in Cryptocurrency Markets Unit
- Special FINRA Election to Fill Large Firm Governor Vacancy
- Chicago-Based Investment Adviser Sentenced to 151 Months in Prison - SEC
- Dun & Bradstreet Hit With FCPA Violations - SEC
- SEC Charges Additional Defendant in Fraudulent ICO Scheme
- Warren Buffett Simply Blew it on Wells Fargo Stock: Dick Bove (Video)
- Barclays and Deutsche Bank to Lag U.S. Trading Peers
- NY AG Schneiderman Seeks to Close Loophole That Could Let Trump Pardons Block State Charges
- 'Fearless Girl' is Moving to NYSE After Year Staring Down 'Charging Bull'
- What's In Your Wallet - American Express Shares Soar After Earnings Release
- Deutsche Bank's Executive Departures Continue Following Change in CEO
- Reflections of an Economist Commissioner (SEC's Piwowar)
- Billionaire HF Manager and The Fed Chair Runner-Up are Investing in New Cryptocurrency
- Court Finds 2 Brokers Liable for Fraud Involving Mortgage-Backed Securities
- One FINRA: An Organization’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 2018 GASB Accounting Support Fee to Fund the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Barclays Eyes Move Into Cryptocurrency Trading
- Goldman Breaks From Wall Street Pack with Bond-Trading Boom
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wells Fargo Names New Co-Heads for Securities Division
Walter Dolhare and Robert Engel were appointed to be the new co-heads of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) - the company’s capital markets, sales and trading, and investment banking business. The press release comes 2 business days after the bank announced that David Carroll would retire as head of the bank’s wealth and investment management division, and that Jonathan Weiss would take his place. The WFS appointments take effect 7/1/17.
Dolhare and Engel are long-time senior leaders in Wells Fargo Securities, with Dolhare serving as head of the Markets Division and Engel as head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets. They'll remain based in Charlotte, NC, and report to Perry Pelos, head of Wholesale Banking.
WALTER DOLHARE PROFILE. Dolhare currently serves as head of the WFS Markets Division of WFS and Wells Fargo Securities Int'l; he previously was Head of Fixed Income Sales for WFS. Dolhare, who has over 20 years experience in the capital markets, joined First Union Securities, a predecessor to Wachovia Securities, in 1995 and has served in numerous sales management and leadership roles before assuming his current role in 2004.
As head of the Markets Division, he's responsible for the domestic and international strategy and management of the firm’s market-leading trading and securities businesses. Dolhare serves in leadership roles on boards for several Wells Fargo subsidiaries, industry associations and nonprofits, including the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), the McColl Center for Art and Innovation, and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
ROBERT 'ROB' ENGEL PROFILE. Engel currently serves as head of the MFS Investment Banking and Capital Markets. He joined Wells Fargo as head of M&A in 2005, became co-head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets in 2008, and assumed his current role in 2014. He has more than 30 years of investment banking experience. Prior to joining Wells Fargo, Rob ran M&A and Restructuring for Gleacher Partners in New York and London. Before that, he had worked at merchant bank Morgan Grenfell. Rob takes an active interest in the community, serving on the boards of the Charlotte Center City Partners, Thurgood Marshall Foundation, Opera Carolina, Westminster Kennel Club Foundation, and St. Paul’s School in London.