BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Banca IMI Securities to Pay $35Mn for Improper Handling of ADRs in Continuing SEC Crackdown
- Members of White House ‘Arts Panel’ Resign En Masse in Protest of Trump
- FINRA Whiffs on Disciplinary Sanction: Bill Singer's 'Negligent Market Manipulation in OTC Stock Promotion'
- Heather Heyer’s Mother Says, ‘I’m Not Talking to the President’
- Goldman Sachs May Have Lost $100Mn on Energy Bet Gone Wrong
- SEC Drops Case Against Ex-JPMorgan Traders Over 'London Whale'
- Financial Advisers That Invest in Technology Need to Accomplish These Two Things
- FINRA Amends Codes Regarding Expedited Arbitrator List Selection
- FINRA July 2017 Quarterly Disciplinary Review (Podcast)
- Senior Exec in Citigroup's Equities Unit Has Left
- Prudential Plotting its Escape From Fed's Tough Oversight
- Why CEOs Spurned Trump's Business Councils, in Their Own Words
- A Stockbroker, Her LLC, and Her Customers' Loans (Or Investment?) - Bill Singer
- Brian Quintenz Sworn In as CFTC Commissioner
- A Gary Cohn Resignation Would 'Crash the Markets' – Mgmt Guru Jeffrey Sonnenfeld
- Trading Firm DRW to Buy RGM Advisors - As Low Volatility Forces Out Weak HFT Players (subsc reqd)
- Reputational Damage - Rajat Gupta on Hard Road to Recovery
- 7th Circuit Affirms Spoofing Conviction - Bill Singer
- Wells Fargo Announces Board Changes
- Judge Rules Against Ex-Goldman Employee in Fed Leak Case
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wells Fargo Names New Co-Heads for Securities Division
Walter Dolhare and Robert Engel were appointed to be the new co-heads of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) - the company’s capital markets, sales and trading, and investment banking business. The press release comes 2 business days after the bank announced that David Carroll would retire as head of the bank’s wealth and investment management division, and that Jonathan Weiss would take his place. The WFS appointments take effect 7/1/17.
Dolhare and Engel are long-time senior leaders in Wells Fargo Securities, with Dolhare serving as head of the Markets Division and Engel as head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets. They'll remain based in Charlotte, NC, and report to Perry Pelos, head of Wholesale Banking.
WALTER DOLHARE PROFILE. Dolhare currently serves as head of the WFS Markets Division of WFS and Wells Fargo Securities Int'l; he previously was Head of Fixed Income Sales for WFS. Dolhare, who has over 20 years experience in the capital markets, joined First Union Securities, a predecessor to Wachovia Securities, in 1995 and has served in numerous sales management and leadership roles before assuming his current role in 2004.
As head of the Markets Division, he's responsible for the domestic and international strategy and management of the firm’s market-leading trading and securities businesses. Dolhare serves in leadership roles on boards for several Wells Fargo subsidiaries, industry associations and nonprofits, including the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), the McColl Center for Art and Innovation, and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
ROBERT 'ROB' ENGEL PROFILE. Engel currently serves as head of the MFS Investment Banking and Capital Markets. He joined Wells Fargo as head of M&A in 2005, became co-head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets in 2008, and assumed his current role in 2014. He has more than 30 years of investment banking experience. Prior to joining Wells Fargo, Rob ran M&A and Restructuring for Gleacher Partners in New York and London. Before that, he had worked at merchant bank Morgan Grenfell. Rob takes an active interest in the community, serving on the boards of the Charlotte Center City Partners, Thurgood Marshall Foundation, Opera Carolina, Westminster Kennel Club Foundation, and St. Paul’s School in London.