BROWSE BY TOPIC
Stories of Interest
- Address at ICI's 2017 Securities Law Developments Conference - SEC Commissioner Stein
- New York Pension Fund Seeks More Pay Disclosure from Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo Sanctions Are on Ice Under Trump Official
- Josh Brown: Here's How to Buy Bitcoin, But Realize It Could Be One Giant Bubble
- Trump's New Tax Plan Could Cost Citigroup $20 Billion
- Morgan Stanley Fires Former Congressman Harold Ford Jr.
- Al Franken Will Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - His Full Resignation Speech
- Ex-NFL Player Gets 40 Years for Running $10Mn Fraud
- Bitcoin Blows Past $15K, Adding $2K in Under 12 Hours
- Financial Adviser Settles Charges for Defrauding Private Equity Fund Investors
- New Cross Market Equity Supervision Report Cards - FINRA Phone-In Workshop, WebEx Presentation
- Mueller Just Crossed Trump's Red Line, With Deutsche Bank Subpoena
- Wildfire Rages Near Los Angeles
- Former Company Insider Has $4.1Mn Payday as a Whistleblower
- Audit Firm, Anton & Chia, Conducted Fraudulent Audits of Penny Stock Companies - SEC
- Mueller Subpoenas Deutsche Bank Records on Trump and Family
- Bitcoin Nearly Halfway to $400Bn Value Predicted by Winklevoss Twins 4 Years Ago
- Fidelity Clients Suffer Second Website Glitch in Week
- CBOE Beats CME to Bitcoin Futures Launch with December 10 Start
- McKinsey Senior Exec Thomas Barkin Named New Head of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
We seek to provide information, insights and direction that may enable the Financial Community to effectively and efficiently operate in a regulatory risk-free environment by curating content from all over the web.
Stay Informed with the latest fanancialish news.
NEWSLETTERS & ALERTS
Wells Fargo Names New Co-Heads for Securities Division
Walter Dolhare and Robert Engel were appointed to be the new co-heads of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) - the company’s capital markets, sales and trading, and investment banking business. The press release comes 2 business days after the bank announced that David Carroll would retire as head of the bank’s wealth and investment management division, and that Jonathan Weiss would take his place. The WFS appointments take effect 7/1/17.
Dolhare and Engel are long-time senior leaders in Wells Fargo Securities, with Dolhare serving as head of the Markets Division and Engel as head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets. They'll remain based in Charlotte, NC, and report to Perry Pelos, head of Wholesale Banking.
WALTER DOLHARE PROFILE. Dolhare currently serves as head of the WFS Markets Division of WFS and Wells Fargo Securities Int'l; he previously was Head of Fixed Income Sales for WFS. Dolhare, who has over 20 years experience in the capital markets, joined First Union Securities, a predecessor to Wachovia Securities, in 1995 and has served in numerous sales management and leadership roles before assuming his current role in 2004.
As head of the Markets Division, he's responsible for the domestic and international strategy and management of the firm’s market-leading trading and securities businesses. Dolhare serves in leadership roles on boards for several Wells Fargo subsidiaries, industry associations and nonprofits, including the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), the McColl Center for Art and Innovation, and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
ROBERT 'ROB' ENGEL PROFILE. Engel currently serves as head of the MFS Investment Banking and Capital Markets. He joined Wells Fargo as head of M&A in 2005, became co-head of Investment Banking and Capital Markets in 2008, and assumed his current role in 2014. He has more than 30 years of investment banking experience. Prior to joining Wells Fargo, Rob ran M&A and Restructuring for Gleacher Partners in New York and London. Before that, he had worked at merchant bank Morgan Grenfell. Rob takes an active interest in the community, serving on the boards of the Charlotte Center City Partners, Thurgood Marshall Foundation, Opera Carolina, Westminster Kennel Club Foundation, and St. Paul’s School in London.